Raleigh Royal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That's a nice bike!

classicnut

I'm interested, but I suspect that your bike's a bit big for me. Are you measuring the 22 1/2" dimension from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube where the seat pin goes in?

Also, do you know:
a) the standover measurement (vertical distance from floor to top of top tube) and
:smile: gearing ratios, number of chainrings, sprockets, etc.

David

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
David .I will cofirm your questions over this weekend.Paul. Ps Frame size is centre of the b/b to top of the seat tube again i will check this.

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Right gang for those of you who are interested .
Frame size ;Seat tube C to T 22 1/2 ; Top Tube C to C 22 ;
Gearing.
Front is 48/38/28 Shimano Biopace : Rear Cassette 6 speed 13 to 28 All appear to have very little wear.I will count the rest if someone is going to purchase the bike.Front and rear mech are Shimano.Rear, Exage 400 LX;Front,Mountain LX Notes. Bottom Bracket is Cup & Cone. Slight splitting on brake hoods.Tyres seem Good Michelin Select 700x28c.Headset ,Tange . Paint work is excellent aparted from a small scratch on the left front fork . Pannier fitting for front& Rear. Reason for selling .I have to many bikes and is a shade to small for me ,otherwise i would keep it .

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Nice bike, shame it has downtube shifters though....they are a pain.... one of the main reasons I got rid of my oldancient falcon roadie

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
If the down tube shifters are a problem i can fit new Suntour bar end ones. This will be an extra cost as i will have to buy them.

classicnut

Bother. Thought as much, the frame's 2 inches bigger than mine, so the bike's a non starter for me. Nice low gear ratios, too, with three chain rings – an improvement on my own Raleigh, which is a bit of a struggle up the hills. Down tube shifters no problem. Grew up with them, though I use bar ends for preference these days.

Thanks for checking, it's a lovely machine for the right-sized body.

David

porteous

Veteran
Your Royal

very much the bike I have been looking for to get back to biking (Unless you have a 1957 Rudge Pathfinder in the shed you don't want!). Happy to meet your price. If you give me a call on 01684 311257 we can discus pickup and payment. Many thanks. Dave.

Top Bottom