Raliegh Chopper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but my 5yr old grand daughter has seen a Chopper bike and has decided that it is for her.:biggrin:

Does anyone know if they are just a one size fits all or do they come in various sizes?

She is a tall-ish 5 yr old which I suppose tells you not very much but before I go trawling through e bay/ gum tree I thought I had better find out a little bit about what I am looking for.

Any information on these would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rebel Ian

Bloody lethal things! Mind you, they taught me bike control as if you messed up on one of those you invariably impaled your man parts on the protruding gear stick!!

Jimbonic

From memory, they came in one size.

There was a smaller version called the Chipper, or Chippy, which was a single speed, smaller framed version. However, where Choppers have become a bit trendy, I haven't seen a Chipper/Chippy around since I was about 8 - and that's a loooooong time ago!

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Learned to ride on a chopper around 1970. Felt like a King ................ great bike
biggrin.gif

Jimbonic

Blimey!!

'Nuff respect (if anyone says that any more!).

I thought they were terrible to ride when I was 6!!!!

zoxed

Über Member
My parents would only buy me a (second-hand) 'proper' bike :-(
Neighbours kid had everything so I tried his: dead cool but dreadful stability.
IMHO would now make a fun retro-bike for an adult, but not a good one for kids.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My parents would only buy me a (second-hand) 'proper' bike :-(
Neighbours kid had everything so I tried his: dead cool but dreadful stability.
IMHO would now make a fun retro-bike for an adult, but not a good one for kids.

Get outta here... they are/were awesome fun bikes for kids.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
loads on e-bay under "girls chopper bike".

saw one last week at a car boot for £12 but none of my daughters were interested. I'd have got it for myself if i could have ridden it :whistle:

Nah, don't listen to these gays, the Chopper is what she wants because it is cool, it is what you want to see her riding because you think it's cool, that is because they are cool.

They are legendary and I loved mine, even though it was 30 years old.

It was fast and looked like a motorbike, the big seat carried about 3 kids and when the inevitable game of tyre rubbing the rear wheel of your friend was played, nothing was knocking one of these things down.

Do it, you'll be her hero for life.

Top Bottom