Random quill stems, drop bars and brake levers free to good homes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Here's a list of what's left:

Stems:
Kalloy front-loading stem, ~125mm forward extension. Polished alloy; lettering a little worn.

DSC_0104.jpg

Steel MTB stem in red oxide primer, ~110mm forward extension. No pinch bolts but any bolts of about M5 would do. Has hole to act as stop for front canti brake cable. Finish in your choice of enamel or powder coat!

DSC_0108.jpg

Black steel MTB stem. ~75mm forward extension.

DSC_0115.jpg

Black steel Marin MTB stem, ~110mm forward extension. Has cable stop and pulley for front canti brake cable. Finish absolutely knackered, but functional! From my 80s Marin Palisades Trail.

DSC_0107.jpg

Brake levers:

Shimano Exage aero. Black rubber hoods. Rather marked, and one bit of grey plastic trim is cracked – doesn’t affect action and is almost invisible in use. Quick release button.

DSC_0110.jpg
DSC_0111.jpg

Bars:

80s generic Maes pattern, no name. 37cm overall.

DSC_0114.jpg

Let me know where to send 'em, I'll send 'em, and then you can send me the postage cost plus any extra you care to include.

The clutter in the background of the photos may give you a clue as to why I'm wanting rid of these!

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Oh, yes, and I've also got an alloy shim for fitting one-inch quill stems in 1 1/8" steerers. Brand new, never used. Same terms as above.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Tharg, the Kalloy and 3M stems are both 25mm, to take drop bars. However, the 3M stem is spoken for, I'm afraid. PM me if you'd like the Kalloy.

Everyone else, I'll now edit my original post to show what is and what isn't still available.

Tharg2007

Veteran
think ill give it a miss, really want something shorter and im not in a hurry so will just wait until something more suitable comes along. maybe someone else will need it more than me.
Thanks anyway.

jack the lad

If the Kalloy 125 mm stem is still available could you bring it with you on Sunday? My fixie frame is a little too short for my liking and this might do the trick with an extra inch over the longest stem I've got avalable.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Jack, I'll bring it. If I remember.

Hemipode, thanks, it'll be on its way on Monday.

RT, thanks also, I'll look forward to the book and the CD.

Original post edited to show what's still available.

Top Bottom