RANT!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's only school. Teachers can be very highly strung people, don't wind them up or let them wind you up. Chill.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The teacher knows what hes doing, and wants to get my parents more annoyed with me.
My parents have already had one meeting with him and a member of senior management after he had done some stuff.
His recommendation was i left 6th form and got a job/apprentiship.
Its pretty long and complicated, but he has a dislike for me, and doesnt really want me in his lesson. And, if he kicks me out of his lesson and refuses me back in, theres no point in doing geography. So i would be doen to 2 subjects, unless i picked up another one(hard because its started the 2nd year of 6th form)

marinyork

I'm sure that is the case. However are you not perhaps best off putting in serious amounts of work at geography for the rest of this term, the summer and the first term in the autumn? If it doesn't work out, you tried your best to stay in and get the best marks you could. You've only got two terms plus a month of this one to get through.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Just spoke to a mate who was walking home, and he went into the common room after the lesson, looking for me, and said i had 'run off from his lesson'
That will be good if he trys to tell that to head of 6th form/ a member on management(he was probably looking for them) because i had spoken to him straight afetr it had happened and told him what the teacher had said.
Twat:angry:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

marinyork said:
I'm sure that is the case. However are you not perhaps best off putting in serious amounts of work at geography for the rest of this term, the summer and the first term in the autumn? If it doesn't work out, you tried your best to stay in and get the best marks you could. You've only got two terms plus a month of this one to get through.

We start the next year straight after the first year(well, we had a weeks break) so we have enough time to get through everything and go over stuff.
Lots of effort has been put in, in previous lessons.
I think im going to have to re-sit the geog exam i did this year because i(and the rest of the class) all think we have done bad. Re-sits in January.
My plan is to concentrate alot more this year, to get good grades, then either get a job or apprentiship(if i can find one) when ive completed 6th form.

marinyork

Please rant, it's probably better off here than at the sixth form staff or even to friends, unless outside of the building.

There's no point worrying about the exam. January is a long way away. Just keep up whatever you're putting in at the moment and in a month you can breathe a sigh of relief having got through the first year and all the crap that goes with it. You might be best off asking your teacher, another geography teacher or the head of sixth form for geography reading material over the summer that you could work on to improve your grades. This is a ploy to convince them that you're doing the work. Just make sure the head of sixth form and your parents overhear it by some means.

Don't give in Joe - just stay focussed.

Story:
My son was 17 and doing really well at art, fairly well on top of his subject from what I could determine (I have a Fine Art degree FWIW and worked in the 'biz' etc etc) No pushing from me, just encouragement. Yet it was obvious that his teacher (Yes, you Mr Hall - you f****** panty wearing bully (his time will come)) took a dislike to Rob and at every opportunity put him down. At an exhibition of student work he went one step too far - leading to a bit of humiliation.
One thing led to another and there was a meeting between the Head, Rob, me and the vindictive tosser (are you getting the gist here? :biggrin:) and, of course the guy showed himself up. He'd done enough damage though...
Rob kept on with his art+design interest- earned good money whilst transferring his academic effort to gain a place at university and pursue Law Studies. Worked hard, played hard and partied as normal :blush:
He's now working at Linklaters in the City, totally happy (as far as I know) and that episode at 17, a dim cycle lamp in the night ride of life.
All that to say, be determined and fair, in understanding and doing (as I'm sure you are) and you'll move on from this.
Hope that all here can be a leaning post for you and your toils Joe,
Best wishes - and I bet the only trackstand the teacher can do is waiting by the railway for the 18:32 from Nottingham...

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Cheers Ap:becool:
In the meeting he had with my parents and senior management, im not sure what was said, my mum wouldnt tell me but she did say that some of the things he said we abit dodgy, and didnt make him sound good/put him on dodgy ground.
Hes done some other things to kids before, and been suspended.
It has once been said that the reason he dislikes me is due to my brother. My brother disliked him because he thoughts were that if a grown man needs to throw a chair at a wall to make a point, hes an idiot.
What basicly happened, was the other people in the class gave a bullshit excuse to why they didnt do the homework. Only one had done it out of the 4/5 of us. I told him straight that i had forgot to done it. He said i never do homework or any work and told me to leave the room.
Which i did do, and went and spoke to a member of management.
The lesson before, he had wanted to kick me out, but i had done the homework, and he didnt have any excuse to kick me out.
This time he sort of had an excuse to kick me out(although not a good one!) which is i hadnt done my homework.
I wasnt rude to him, just looked at him and said, "your kicking me out the lesson?" to which he said yes and that he would write home to my parents. So i got up, grabbed my bag and book and walked out.
I did feel like shouting some abuse at him and telling him what i really thought, but i decided it be better to just leave.
He was an arse to me before, which is why there was a meeting, and im pretty sure he does want rid of me. Hes said to my mum that he thinks i should leave, suggested to another student that they complained about me so i would get kicked out(after i did a jokey thing which she found funny), he suggested that right infront of me.
The twat is often rude, and tries to talk to me as little as he can. Although, he can sometimes be alright, if hes having a bad day it can be me that gets it.
Last lesson he wasnt in a good mood, this lesson he wasnt.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just keep your head down. Let it go, otherwise it will make your life miserable. Can get even worse in a job. These sort of folk just show themselves up.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I know what we say wont make you feel much better or change anything, but try not to let it get you down. Some of what you say reminds me of my sixth form years and my A level Maths teacher (Donkey raping Sh*t eater he was) tried everything to get me to quit.

Tell you what though, best feeling in the world is bumping into them 5-10 years down the line and they are still desperately unhappy in the same crappy job and with the same rusty old volvo and you have clearly proved them wrong!

One of my best mates was a proper stoner during A levels and he sorted his act out in early 20's, did his teacher training and has just moved back to our old school as the head of Geography and Geology (at 30) and is the boss of all the teachers that wrote him off as a stoner druggy. He loves it!

Chin up and rant away.

bonj2

<apology for non serious reply>

What you need to do is to concoct a claim for molestation, then you'll have him over a barrel (as opposed to he you, literally :laugh:

</apology for non serious reply>

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Just think of the future. 3 A levels will get you into Uni where you can make the odd early ( 11.30am) lecture and perhaps even a few late ones (2.30pm) either side of lunch and a post prandial thirst quencher or two..

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Well, ive found out some more.
He sent 2 of the 3 remaining people from the class room to the 6th form work room and kept one in and had a moan at her.
Then he sent her up there to do work.
He then went looking for me, and told people that i had run away and was ment to be in the 6th form work room doing work.
Non of which he said to me, just told me to leave the room and that he would write home to my parents.
My mum has told me to go see the member of senior management that was in the meeting they had, and talk to her. So ill be seeing her tomorrow.
He is disliked in the school for many reasons(by students and teachers) and all reasons are through his own doing, not anyone elses.

Top Bottom