Rasmussen is sacked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Danish bacon from his personal butcher might have given him the jitters in light of AC's dastardly purveyor of meatery. :smile:

amaferanga

Veteran
Hopefully anyone else too

Despite the fact that no-one seems to think he's actually dodgy, just stupid and disorganised?

And some interesting questions regarding the case here

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you'd missed two tests already I would think you'd be bloody rigorous in making sure you didn't do it again when you know that a repeat offence could end your career.

"I'm a bit disorganised", doesn't really cut it as a defence these days.

oldroadman

Veteran
Professional athlete, part of the out of competition system, knows what has to be done. The rule is simple, 3 missed tests = positive finding = 2 years off + the sack from the team. If you can't organise yourself to make sure that does not happen, how much respect do you have for your own living? No excuses, simple as that.

amaferanga

Veteran
I'm not defending him, but there's no evidence that he was actively trying to avoid testers like with Rio Ferdinand and Michael Rasmussen. No doubting that he's either very, very stupid for not keeping on tops of his whereabouts (he must have not been where he said he'd be many times to have 2 missed tests) or he has something to hide. But to his credit he's not playing the victim (everyone is out to get me) card.

raindog

er.....
Just read Rasmussen's take on his missed controls. The first one

“I had actually completed my whereabouts and had written the name of our hotel in Berlin. Unfortunately I forgot to press the 'Send' button on the computer and the update never reached doping authorities,”

reminds me of "the dog ate my homework".
biggrin.gif

yello

And some interesting questions regarding the case here

Interesting indeed. Perhaps a 'UCI don't know their arses from their elbows' might be an interesting line of defence! ;)

Incidently, I read there is to be some discussion as to the changing the rules re clebutorol. Some calling for a lower limit to be introduced. This might be a reason for the delaying of the Contador case... it maye also mean that come the hearing that there'll be no case to answer! Interesting times.

Whilst I'm no defender of Contador I do think the rules re clenbutorol need revisting as it does seem the 'doped meat' defence is being accepted by some, this leading to a somewhat of a lottery with variable interpretations of the rules.

Top Bottom