Rear cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve1963

Rear cassette teeth are sharp and chain keeps slipping ,i intend to buy another bike soon but is there anything i can do for the next 3 weeks till i get a new machine?

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
sounds like you may need a new drivetrain - casette, chain and possibly front chainset and jockey wheels. if you're getting a new bike and dont intend to use this bike again id just put up with it.

yashicamat

Try and keep at the extremes of the cassette, i.e., the largest and smallest cogs. It's likely these are worn the least so should slip less. It's not ideal for maintaining a good chain line, but if it's just to tide you over for a short while then that doesn't matter at all.

gbb

Legendary Member
Try and keep at the extremes of the cassette, i.e., the largest and smallest cogs. It's likely these are worn the least so should slip less. It's not ideal for maintaining a good chain line, but if it's just to tide you over for a short while then that doesn't matter at all.

Good call :thumbsup: Not an ideal thing to do in normal circumstances, but needs must.

Zoiders

You can split the cassette and use one good sprocket and the rear mech as a tensioner, if you have don't have enough spacers to do this or a purpose made conversion kit an off cut of 40mm waste pipe will do.

Top Bottom