Rear hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crankyray

grainy noise coming from the rear hub it seems to be coming from inside the rachet Mechanism .

can all hubs be dismantled & serviced or as this is a cheap hub (quando) is it not servicable ?

is it a case of replace with a new hub ??

cheers in advance

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sounds like yo got water in there. Lots of WD40 should chase it out. Then re-oil.

Cheule

I have Quandos front and rear and they are pretty poor. But yes, you can take them apart to give them a service. You'll probably want to replace all the bearings while you're there.

tyred

Legendary Member
The problem I see with Quandos hubs is that they leave the factory with the bearings over-tightened and with basically no grease inside. If you take the time to adjust and lubricate it properly, they should be okay in service.

OP
OP
C

crankyray

I have Quandos front and rear and they are pretty poor. But yes, you can take them apart to give them a service. You'll probably want to replace all the bearings while you're there.

any hints on how to dismantle the freewheel/rachet/thingymebob ??

also thanks for your replies twentysix & tyred .

battered

Guru
I generally find it best to simply relube freehubs. Get the wheel off, ensure the bearings are OK, then lay the wheel on its side and fill the hub with oil. I use car engine oil, but gear oil is better if you have it. Leave it overnight, then reassemble and ride. By the time the hub packs up, the rest of a cheap wheel will probably be worn out too, or near to it.

Top Bottom