Rear wheel & cadence wireless computer

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by stevenb, 12 Mar 2008.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Hi,

Is there a wireless bike computer available that will take the reading off the back wheels and also give a cadence reading?

I have seen a few computers but none of them mention about rear wheel mounting. xx(

It needs to be wireless as I don't have any rear brake cable to mount a wire to as all my bikes cables are internally routed and I'd rather not wrap wire around the frame. :biggrin:

Cheers

Steve

2. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Have a look at this one. My wife had one on her bike, but it went wrong after a year. So she swapped it for a Cateye wired one.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...5&N=Cateye CC HR200DW Wireless Cycle Computer

3. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

Cheers for the link.
    I'm not after a heart rate monitor though. Just rear wheel reading and cadence.
    Its not looking good....I can't find a single one.

4. gavintc

gavintc Guru

I use a wired cateye (the previous model to the Strada) and it works fine. But it does demand that a wire travels from the chain stay under the BB and then up to the handlebar. I have the wired secured with some cable ties.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

That's why I've never gone cadence and stuff - too many wires or big receivers....

If you find one, let us all know !!!!

6. Crackle

Crackle Pah

7. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

I have been pointed in the direction of the Cateye V3.
    It is wireless, will do cadence, speed (plus all the usual bits n bobs) and it has a heart rate monitor....not that Im after that....but it has it anyway.

I just need to know if the V3 takes the speed reading off the back wheel....if it does then bingo....I'll knab one for me. :biggrin:
    The Cateye website isn't clear as to the location the speed reading is taken from.

8. Crackle

Crackle Pah

V3 sensor goes on the rear stay

http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/460

Look at the instruction manual at the bottom of that web page.

The vetta range do an ascent version as well which I like.

Edit: V3 is an HR monitor as well. The V2c is without HR

9. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

Cheers Crackle. :biggrin:

Just had a nose at the V3 instructions.
    TBH....for the extra £10 it's worth having the heart rate monitor.
    £90 form Cycle Store :biggrin:

Roll on April payday.....I'll have to wait until then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice