Rechargeable lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fee

Looking at replacing my lights. I would like something that is good for road riding down country lanes and Mtb on weekends. I have seen a variety from twins to singles, price ranges from 20 - 400. I am looking to get the best I can for about 100. Any advice on this minefield of gadgets

BSRU

A Human Being
Looking at replacing my lights. I would like something that is good for road riding down country lanes and Mtb on weekends. I have seen a variety from twins to singles, price ranges from 20 - 400. I am looking to get the best I can for about 100. Any advice on this minefield of gadgets

Probably Magicshine's, not the best you can buy but they are probably the best value for money.

davidaw

For £100 I would look at the 'Hope 1' light and buy some good AA rechargeable batteries for it.

For a little more you could get AYUP lights with a couple of their batteries.Much better option for MTB stuff I would have thought.

OP
OP
F

fee

Had a look at the magic shine, they look good will have to have a look at the hope 1 and the AYUP.

nightoff

+1 for Magic Shine. No probs with mine so far. Had it since September last year and used it most days.

Very bright for the money.

SurlyNomad

Ive just bought electron terra 2 for 89.00 big bucks, cant say what there like but ive read some good reviews about them for the commuter. They looked bright enough when i looked at them in the shop.

OP
OP
F

fee

Are the magic shines adjustable or just set on 800 lumens. What sort of run time do you get?

BSRU

A Human Being
Are the magic shines adjustable or just set on 800 lumens. What sort of run time do you get?

I only know about the 1400 version, you can set the power level to between 5% and 100%, they quote run times of 2 hours to 250 hours depending on power level.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My magic shine has 3 settings , hi -mid-flash , you can get 5 mode ones as well.

Plenty of bang for your buck and can be had for around £50 if you are prepared to wait a few weeks for import.

OP
OP
F

fee

I think I have made my decision it is the magic shine, now to decide which one the MJ 816 or MJ 808. Most of my riding is road riding on a country lane. Anti e have the rear light as well if so how do you rate it?

Top Bottom