recommend me a shoe please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swifty99

after a great comments on a thread i posted regarding spd, i have now got some shimano m520 flying there way to the door. now my question is i am after some shoes which i can walk so from the bike shed to work ok and look sporty and not like walking shoes. budget 20-40. i know its not alot

thanks in advance

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hi Swifty

I've got Shimano MO75 and use them with M520 pedals, they're a more walkable in version of the RO75. Think this season's version is called the MO76. You should be able to get them within your budget and they're a good cycling shoe.
Just remember you'll probably need a size bigger than your standard footwear.

ACS

Legendary Member
I also found that the Shimano where a bit on the narrow side so I opted for a pair Specialized 09 BG Sport Road Shoes. Very comfortable with a broad toe box, good ventilation and no hot spots or tingling toes. I plan to buy the MTB version for communing later on in the year.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
If you can stretch to it, these are very good (if they have your size) and they're half price !

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2337

I have them, and the M520 pedals and they are very comfortable. I have relatively wide feet and they fit fine. (I take a size 9 shoe which is usually a euro 43, but I got these in a 44 - they are a perfect fit for me).

You can also pick up the model down, the Kaiman, for £40... again sizes are limited because they're last year's model.

http://www.eaststcycles.com/products.php?plid=m18b0s270p1716

Daniel.

l4dva

Guru
satans budgie said:
I also found that the Shimano where a bit on the narrow side so I opted for a pair Specialized 09 BG Sport Road Shoes. Very comfortable with a broad toe box, good ventilation and no hot spots or tingling toes. I plan to buy the MTB version for communing later on in the year.

+1 for the specialized shoes!

I have a pair of the BG MTB shoes and they are brilliant, fitting is spot on and very comfortable! You can walk around in them no problem as well, so for commuting and weekend rides they are brilliant! I managed to get mine for £48 a LBS had some good opening offers. If you shop around you might be able to pick some up cheap

Top Bottom