Raleigh 531c 1994 SPD post-modern build!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Looks really good. Can't wait to see it as a finished bike!

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it wasn't cheap *but* the donor bike complete (and working just fine, if fugly) cost only £160. All the classic 80s/90s bits will fetch a few sheckles, so I'll get a little something back on the origoinal outlay.

I sourced all of the decals and head badge (was about £20ish all in) and sent them with the frame. I could have saved £240 by doing away with the chrome, but I'm not going to sell this and it would have been more expense to do it later. Anyway, the pictures don't do the chrome justice because the camera picks up every iddy biddy bit of dust and finger grease that the eye doesn't. It looks bloody lovely!

For anybody feeling nosey, you can see the breakdown of what costs what attached. :smile:

Russ

Attachments

• Scan 12 Feb 2020.pdf
    508.4 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Wowsers, but good paint costs. My best bike has chromed forks and rear triangle.
I did think about going for the whole rear triangle, but when I was messing around in Sketchup, it seemed to start to dominate the already busy number of colours on the bike.

Years ago, I did have a Bob Jackson frame in metallic gunmetal grey, chromed rear triangle, forks and lugs, with red coachlining around the lugs and red-on-chrome stickers. It looked stunning and I did think about repeating that colour scheme; but the small kid in me from the '80s said NO! It was Raleigh Team Ti pictures you fell asleep looking at and the time for that is now.

Russ

Top Bottom