Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 112 59.3%
  • bring back hanging

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So as it seems 51% or more of the cyclechat population see nothing wrong with jumping red lights (or so they claim see this thread) I thought it might be an idea to test this claim on the basis of a sample of those who answer polls (if RLJers don't answer polls then this may not work)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I think it is wrong to RLJ.
I won't include all rljers in my Silly Cyclists series, as I see most rljers as 'safe' and only a small minority do so dangerously.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls if he is carrying a bow and arrow. That doesn't mean it is right.

OK. There are some laws on the statute books that would never be enforced and in fact I am pretty sure if you did kill a Scotsman under said circumstances you would either be found guilty of murder or sent to a prison for the criminally insane.

I see no comparison between these historic laws and ones that are for the benefit of all such as you MUST stop at a Red Light.

I'm fairly sure that the red lights law would be waived under certain circumstances.

I'm not waiting for a pedestrian crossing in the middle of no where at half 6 in the morning when no body is crossing or looks as if they want to cross or if there are any people there at all anyway.

Top Bottom