England : East Sussex Red Tops Ride to Brighton - 17th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
All programmed in to the GPS. Depending on the Dartford Crossing we should be with you at 10am at Grays.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
It wasn't that bad. It's about an hour and a half from Grays to Southend. Weather was wonderful on the way out although there was a touch of a headwind on the way back.

Much as I like the Rose cafe, it's one problem is you can't actually see the sea so we found another cafe before the fairground. Very pleasant it was too sitting out in the sun looking at the river Thames. I felt the urge to tell people on FB how nice it was as they were at work and couldn't be there. Some replies were, I felt, unduly critical of my parentage.

Anyway it was off into the headwind to the Dartford crossing. There was one cyclist already there so we jumped on the truck he'd requested. He was a bit miserable and also broke the one remaining plastic catch on the cycle rack.

Sounds like you didn't follow the signposts at Dulwich User. That hill is Dogkennel hill.

64 miles for me, short of the century I was going to do but who cares I'm on holiday!

Wobblers

Euthermic
It wasn't that bad. It's about an hour and a half from Grays to Southend. Weather was wonderful on the way out although there was a touch of a headwind on the way back.

Much as I like the Rose cafe, it's one problem is you can't actually see the sea so we found another cafe before the fairground. Very pleasant it was too sitting out in the sun looking at the river Thames. I felt the urge to tell people on FB how nice it was as they were at work and couldn't be there. Some replies were, I felt, unduly critical of my parentage.

Surely you're used to that sort of thing by now?

Wobblers

Euthermic
Well it is possible to miss toothache I suppose so missing a PITA should be the same!! :tongue:

When you back on a ride? :hugs:

Ahhh, I see your problem, Martin. You want to get away from that PITA. It's just a shame, that no matter how hard you pedal, it's simply impossible for you to actually manage to escape from your own PITA presence. You have my sympathies. :hello:

I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that I'm down for the Brighton FNRttC. Though Simon's got me down as a "possible" which is probably sensible: I tried a 11 mile cycle last night, which all went quite well (apart from the ghastly slowness) until I got off the bike at the end - and found I could no longer walk! Stupid ankle. Brighton may be a little optimistic, so you can cheer up, Martin!

Top Bottom