Rejoining the pedal-powered world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JediGoat

Formerly Phump
I'm not sure if I used to be a member of this forum a few years ago (I was a member of one that seems rather similar, but this feels the closest match :smile: ).

A few years ago, when I grew sick of travelling by tube, I became what those non-two-wheelers call a 'mad person', and started commuting across London by bike. I was not an everyday commuter - 2-4 times a week, and hourish each way (still quicker than the tube) - but I did love the freedom of it, and the exilaration of defeating those tiny little inclines that seemed like huge hills to me.

Then a colleague suggested that if I was mad enough to commute by bicycle across London, why didn't I get a motorbike? Two days later I did just that, and since that day (late 2004) my poor bicycle (Norco Storm hardtail MTB converted for mule duty) retired to the garden shed.

I am now what those non-two-wheelers call 'a really mad person' and commute to work by motorbike.

However now, with a lack of money, an increasing waistline and little time for exercise, I have decided to get the old mule old of the shed and start cycling in 3 or 4 days per week.

Yesterday I got the somewhat forlorn looking bike out of the shed (after moving the cobwebs out of the way with my face - not intended, but it was dark :smile: ) and am now looking forward to the challenge of stripping it down and rebuilding it so that it works again (at the least cost possible).

So, hello from me (or hello again, if it was this forum I was on before), and I apologise in advance for my many future dumb questions in the technical forum (yes, I'll try to make use of the search feature first :biggrin: ).

Jo <- already looking forward to feeling and being fitter.

Hello phump - London commuting -I love it!:smile: All that money saved and all that patience gained. Always remember that it is a journey, not a race (;) well...erm...)
and have fun!

Top Bottom