Removing glue from wood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
Hiya I have a little wood working project to do for a friend, and seeing as I now have a day off I can get cracking with it.

Its an old stand for a manikin, one of the legs has been glued in place, I need to remove it so I can sand the whole lot down. Anyone got any advice on how to do it? I don't know what type of glue it is, so may be a a bit tricky to find the right product to do the job.

Mr Pig

If it's solid, can't you sand it as it is?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Either, wack it with a big wooden stick, smack it on the floor, or get your saw to it and cut it off. Simple;)

Joe24 said:
You cant sad the leg off!!!

I think he means the leg is stuck on and he wants it to come off(maybe? :blush:)

Oh, and thanks Spandex:girl:

She:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Joe24 said:
You cant sad the leg off!!!

I think she means the leg is stuck on and he wants it to come off(maybe? :blush:)

Oh, and thanks Spandex:girl:

I can report that Gromit is not a hermaphrodite....

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Yep I'm a she, Bikepete can vouch for that as well. :ohmy:

The leg I'm on about is one of three, the other two are detachable, so I would like the third to do the same. Don't really want to leave it on because the glue attaching it looks really unsightly. Plus I think super glue was used instead of wood glue.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Gromit said:
Yep I'm a she, Bikepete can vouch for that as well. :smile:

The leg I'm on about is one of three, the other two are detachable, so I would like the third to do the same. Don't really want to leave it on because the glue attaching it looks really unsightly. Plus I think super glue was used instead of wood glue.

Hang on:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
What type os manikin is this?!?!?!?!:ohmy:
3 legs?!?!?!

Top Bottom