Replacement SatNav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Yesterday I was stupid enough to have lost my SatNav from my coat pocket* while on the Manchester trams so I need a replacement.

The one I had was a Garmin Nuvi 250W and I would like something either similar or better.

What and where are your suggestions to look for in the sales before the VAT goes up?

Thanks.

*Must get some zips or velcro on my pockets.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have a Tomtom one xl which does a great job for me.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
buy an atlas never use them and cant see a need

Well if you never use the atlas and can't see the need then why buy one?:huh:

What is really annoying about losing it is having lost a whole load of stored clients and supplier addresses as well as distant friends and exhibition and educational places of interest for work.:sad:

I will have to look everything up again.

potsy

Rambler
Some honest Manchester citizen might hand it in NT
laugh.gif

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I use my original TomTom 300 whenever I go to work (even if I know where I'm going) as it tells me what time I'll get there and if I need to call in saying I'll be late. :becool:

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Some honest Manchester citizen might hand it in NT
laugh.gif

I thought about that and laughed at the prospect but, hey, there are honest people here and a great many of them.
I have contacted the Metrolink lost property office.

Maybe, just maybe, I will end up with a spare to the new one I am going to have to buy.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
My phone screen is too small to use while driving and I like the bigger screen so that I can see the alternative routes as I drive.

I have contacted the Metrolink lost property and they say that it hasn't been handed in but will let me know if it is.
Not holding out much hope really.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have ordered a Garmin Nuvi 245W from Amazon.
It was the nearest equivilent to the one I lost and though I dithered over the 255W the reviews on its traffic updates were not good.
I decided to go with similar as I decided that I didn't want to change the custom made mount and power supply in the car but for I must find someone who has a similar Tom Tom to see if it is nicer to live with.

I want to build one into the dashboard of my electric trike and so whatever I choose then I will be stuck with.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I have a TomTom IQ XL (or something), but would probably get a Garmin if I was replacing it... I have been really impressed with my Edge 500 for my bike.

Top Bottom