Result, got my sons bike back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Out of a donated alloy MTB frame, i built my son (who's 25) a commuter, although he's never call it that :biggrin: .
Acera front and rear derailleurs, chucked some reasonable 7 speed wheels on it, more modern handlebars, some Ezifire shifters and a Suntour crankset...it made a cheap, strong, reliable bike...all from carboot etc bits.
Stupid beggar had it stolen about a month ago, he was out at his mates, got a bit worse for wear and 'lost' it :rolleyes:

Never reported it stolen, i always assumed someone locally would have it, then i'd 'request' it back. It wasnt worth claiming on the insurance.

Blow me, walking through town a couple of weeks ago...there it is, locked up...50 yards from the local Police station, so someones using it.
Got the police to recover it (after convincing them it was mine with the aid of some photos) and just got the nod today to pick it up. :thumbsup:
Unsurprisingly, no-one claimed it, thats why they had to impound it, then investigate how the 'owner' claimed to get it, if he reported it.

Result anyway!!!...and ive gained a pair of cheapo LED lights :biggrin:
Its just a hack really, but a reliable hack, nice to have it back.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Great result, and a rare one I should think.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Great news
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom