Revolution Country Explorer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

triptix

Do like the look of it - just for your info EBC are doing a 15% discount from Friday to Monday if that will help your decision.

I'm currently looking at a Claud Butler Black Diamond Touring bike but can't seem to find much about it.

Isla Valassi

Veteran
I have the 2006 model. The 2009 model seems to be a better spec that the equipment on mine, although I did upgrade the disc brakes last year. It handles very well and is a very comfortable ride. EBC have come up with a winner here!

If you do go for one, treat it to a nice leathery covering of Brooks handlebar tape...........nice!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I know nothing about it ... but I've seen it before and thought it looked nice - if you get it I would be interested to hear what you think of it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've got one. I was a know nothing MTB'er who knows he loves disc brakes. I bought it sight unseen over t'web as our company's first bike2work user last July. First ever tourer, first road bike in 20+ years. I love her. Deeply. Longest ride I've done in one go is 220km, daily 3 season commute on her (I can't do winter she copes fine), MTB's have been gathering cobwebs since I bought her.

recent photo from a FNRttC here

my review is in another place here

I changed the pedals for SPD's, and the saddle and bar tape for a honey B17 and matching leather bar tape which phat bar gel under as money allowed. Lovely bike. nothing has broken or worn out and dead comfortable

I changed the disc brakes from Avid BB5 Road to Avid BB7 Road (with full metal jacket cables) because I found the BB5's too hard to set up and adjust and the pads a bit difficult to find locally.

Did I say I love her?

EBC are excellent to deal with over the interweb, have a sorted 'remote' warranty system and make me happy every time I buy something. If they sold Boardman's I'd be getting my next bike from them.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Isla Valassi said:
If you do go for one, treat it to a nice leathery covering of Brooks handlebar tape...........nice!

The honey colour goes so well with the green frame

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The frame has the same profile as the standard Claud Butler frame. Triangular downtube at the top flowing into more of a rectangle at the bottom.

I'll bet you it's the same one.

apart from the disc mounts the frame looks identical to the old Ali Dawes Horizon frame. Great people the Taiwanese clever and industrious and very entrepreneurial

just jim

I gave one a test ride on a couple of occasions and liked it, though the Sora shifters put me off a bit, but I'm used to bar end shifters and have stuck with them. I was a bit wary of the braking system and GrumpyGreg's upgrade to BB7s sounds like a good move. Think they have BB7 on the Kona Sutra which is a similiar machine but with a steel frame.

Top Bottom