Revolution Courier ss/fixed anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

Has anyone got one of these or had one in the past ? I'm toying with the idea of converting my commuter ( same bike but the 8 speed version) to SS in order to get more training benefit from my commute. They seem to achieve the single speed/fixed bike without the need for tensioner am I right and how to they do it ?
Thanks all Brad

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Just from a quick google search, they seem to have found a suitable gear setup and chain length to allow them to use the vertical dropouts without a tensioner. I would suggest using chain tugs to stop the axle from slipping, and the chain being thrown off.

OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
I too found some info from an Internet search which seems to suggest there s some movement available for chain tensioning, I will have to remove the hanger and see if this is true as in my set up there seems to be none. Their standard gear set up would be of no use to me so trying to find a combination which would work could be a nightmare. Chain tugs sound like a good idea if I can find some suitable that would work with the frame , I will have to have a closer look at the whole thing.

Thanks for the help.

Brad

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hello all,

Has anyone got one of these or had one in the past ? I'm toying with the idea of converting my commuter ( same bike but the 8 speed version) to SS in order to get more training benefit from my commute. They seem to achieve the single speed/fixed bike without the need for tensioner am I right and how to they do it ?
Thanks all Brad
just leave it in one gear on your commute?

Pictoral evidence suggests the 8 speed has a bolt on mech hangar and different drop-outs to the single speed.
b11-revolution-courier-race-dl.jpg

b11-revolution-courier-single-dl.jpg

Attachments

• b11-revolution-courier-race-dl.jpg
    b11-revolution-courier-race-dl.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 44
  • b11-revolution-courier-single-dl.jpg
    b11-revolution-courier-single-dl.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 109

Ash28

I have owned both and can confirm that the single speed frame is different. Also the rear dropout spacing is 120mm on the single I think it is 135mm on the 8sp. You could use a single speed conversion kit.

Top Bottom