Ribble carbon Frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iain p

Was really looking forward to treating myself to a nice ribble with carbon frame.
Have read most post about how poor there customer service is, but figured hell i can live with that.
Just before i bit the bullet i figured i should check to see what warranty the frame has.
:ohmy: 2 years :ohmy: thats it. How can this be when others offer lifetime to original purchaser.
Needless to say i will be looking elsewhere.

Was really looking forward to treating myself to a nice ribble with carbon frame.
Have read most post about how poor there customer service is, but figured hell i can live with that.
Just before i bit the bullet i figured i should check to see what warranty the frame has.
:ohmy: 2 years :ohmy: thats it. How can this be when others offer lifetime to original purchaser.
Needless to say i will be looking elsewhere.

Think you might be over-reacting. I've never even checked a warranty length on a frame. I figure if there is a problem, it will emerge quickly, else it will prob be my fault!

OP
OP
Iain p

Iain p

Think you might be over-reacting. I've never even checked a warranty length on a frame. I figure if there is a problem, it will emerge quickly, else it will prob be my fault!

I can see where your coming from, but if others can offer a lifetime warranty then why carn't ribble?
At least it would give me piece of mind.

OP
OP
Iain p

Iain p

I think the 2 years may be because carbon is not expected to last longer than that before it disintegrates into a pile of dust :whistle:

:laugh: Think it's best not to go there :biggrin:
Thing is i would be perfectly happy with an ali frame. The thing is i carn't seem to find one with sram apex on and i really do fancy this as a groupset.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

amaferanga

Veteran
Some manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty, but from what I've read/heard they will often do everything they can to wriggle out of it.

In reality, if there is a manufacturing fault then that'll be apparent well within 2 years. Beyond that any damage to the frame would come from a crash. As I understand it (and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) the crash replacement offered by most manufacturers doesn't get you a frame for free, but merely gets you a discount off the RRP.

When you can buy the frames used by Ribble and most manufacturers direct for China for a lot less than the branded frames anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Given Ribbles quality of after-sales support, I wouldn't worry about the warranty anyway.....

It takes them so long to sort anything out that if you do have any problems you'll have given up in disgust and bought another frame long before worrying about warranty times.

Trickydicky

:laugh: Think it's best not to go there :biggrin:
Thing is i would be perfectly happy with an ali frame. The thing is i carn't seem to find one with sram apex on and i really do fancy this as a groupset.

I know a shop that produces there own bikes, pritty sure it is the same frame as ribble. but u can get and assortment of group set u would like from them. Mine was 1500 with SRAM Rival, FR7's and the frame is full carbon and weights 900g (saw him put it on the scales in the shop). Also bike is fitted to u so anything like stem lenth, bar width and saddle u can personalise. N some of the best after sales help i have come across, very knowledgeable shop/owner.

TD

amaferanga

Veteran
I know a shop that produces there own bikes, pritty sure it is the same frame as ribble. but u can get and assortment of group set u would like from them. Mine was 1500 with SRAM Rival, FR7's and the frame is full carbon and weights 900g (saw him put it on the scales in the shop). Also bike is fitted to u so anything like stem lenth, bar width and saddle u can personalise. N some of the best after sales help i have come across, very knowledgeable shop/owner.

TD

I got a Planet X Nanolight High Mod with mostly SRAM Red and carbon cranks/bars/stem/seatpost for about the same - don't think you got a bargain....

Trickydicky

I got a Planet X Nanolight High Mod with mostly SRAM Red and carbon cranks/bars/stem/seatpost for about the same - don't think you got a bargain....

Never though i did! Also those bikes are £2299, £800 more expencive (u call that about)! So u paid 800 pounds for a better group set, cos the wheels are the same, and yes i did get a carbon seat post, bars, and steam. So am i the one who missed the bargin or are u?

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/b/q/CBPXNAHMRED/nanolight-high-modulus-sram-red

Get a Cannodale CAAD10, best alu frame in the world, and lighter than most carbons anyway. You can get it with 105 HERE, and Wheelbase are really good at working out deals, (I did a wheel deal on my CAAD10 with them as I didn't want the stock RS80's), As 105 and Apex are a very similar price point I have no doubt they'd swop out the 105 and fit Apex if that's what your heart's set on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iain p

Iain p

Think i will have to go and look at the boardman,especially at that price.
Although the caad 10 looks a very nice bike, it is getting a little out of my price range.

Top Bottom