Ribble cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
I have just been reading comments about Ribbles poor customer service.Here is my recent experience.Winter jacket ordered Sunday. delvered Tuesday. Jacket size med to tight. Returned same day requesting size large. Email Thurs from Ribble size large not in stock offered a refund or select another jacket. Emailed Ribble thursday selecting an alternative jacket. jacket delivered Friday,That is to me a first class service.In the past i have ordered various items all have been delivered within 3days of order.

I have just been reading comments about Ribbles poor customer service.Here is my recent experience.Winter jacket ordered Sunday. delvered Tuesday. Jacket size med to tight. Returned same day requesting size large. Email Thurs from Ribble size large not in stock offered a refund or select another jacket. Emailed Ribble thursday selecting an alternative jacket. jacket delivered Friday,That is to me a first class service.In the past i have ordered various items all have been delivered within 3days of order.

have to agree i ordered an altura windproof jacket friday morning post free arrived saturday morning post excellent service

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I however have experienced the other side of Ribble customer service.

I bought some Fulcrum racing 5 wheels from Ribble last year, and in March they failed with a massive split in the rear hub (still under the 12 month warranty). I spent a week attempting to contact Ribble. They did not answer emails, and the phone was either never answered, or simply played a message saying "We are not currently providing a phone service, please contact us by email".

Eventually I managed to speak to someone, and they requested the return of the wheels. This was duly done (at my cost).
After a further week of pestering them via email, I was eventually told they had no stock of these wheels (despite them still showing as available for purchase and in-stock on the website), and they would have to be returned to Fulcrum.

I was told this would take about 3 weeks.

4 weeks in I contacted them and was (after several days) told that they would chase the "shipping department". I was told the same thing a week later (again after contacting them). and was finally told I would have replacement wheels by the end of the week.

Well - it's now the end of the week, and there's no sign of any wheels.

I've now given Ribble 14 days to resolve the issue, and if this is not done I'll be reluctantly looking at starting legal action..

Contrast this with the support I recently received from Wiggle... A faulty Mars 4.0 light was returned on the monday, and I had a brand spanking new unit on the bike by thursday. Wiggle refunded the cost of the return postage, and even sent me a packet of Haribo :smile:

Guess I know where I'll be buying my new bike in a couple of months... shame really as I quite like the look of the Ribble Stealth.

MrWill

I too experienced the other side.

Ordered a frame from them. After 2 weeks they sent email saying it was dispatched, so I waited in. It did not turn up. Emailed about it, they did not reply and put the order back to 'Progressing'. After another 2 weeks I rang up asking where it is, they said it's being prepped as we speak. I said I'll come pick it up instead then, to which thy replied, ''Oh I'll have to check is it actually being prepped''. It was not.
After another 2 days it arrived, but was chipped and scratched. It was posted like that. Emailed, no reply. I drove to their shop. They took it back and said will fast track a new one in the next few days. Lies. Another 2 weeks I went to their shop again after no email reply, Waited there 30 mins while they went into the warehouse to get me a frame. They said that they would refund 10%. They did not. When I inquired about it they ignore me.

A mate ordered some wheels from them that turned up scuffed and quite tatty. It was hard work for him to get them to accept them back. Had him sending photos and all sorts. After a few weeks they just refunded him and would not exchange them.

There is a bit more to it, but would take forever to type. They are crooks imo. Full of lies and treat me like a mug.

I stopped buying from them after this. Can imagine what they are like with warranties etc.

MrWill

Yeah had problems with Wiggle, CRC and Evans in the past, but the difference is they sort it out very well. Ribble didn't, which I personally hear and see very often. You should of seen a couple of the complaints on Trustpilot... But Ribble have recently employed a Marketing Manager. So said reviews have vanished. Effort misplaced really I'd say.

MrWill

Ah didn't notice. Probably because it matters not.

Leodis

Veteran
Good service in my experience, ordered Clincher Zondas on my bike and they upgraded to 2-way fit, an extra £150 for nowt. You cant beat their bikes for value within the UK.

Ah didn't notice. Probably because it matters not.
Agree - I can't understand self appointed forum police who have this imagined rule about "old threads". It's entirely on topic so is the best place for any other post on the same topic. So that others can find info. {My best/worst experience of this was a US Dahon dealer (clearly an interested party) on a Dahon form (ever present problems with parts supply and info on parts etc.) I asked for the spec on a certain part on an entirely relevant thread and this chap jumped up to say "how do you expect to get an answer by posting to such an old thread". He'd spotted it though (as of course it had been bumped) and also maintained that such info was freely available. And then refused to pass on such info on the thread he maintained was dead/all but invisible :smile:

On the subject of Ribble, I do get the impression that they can be questionable with back-up from so much I've read online - all those folks can't be making it up unless there is some really wierd dark spoiling campaign,

I've used them once or twice and all was fine and dandy.

If you are local to them you can I gather collect stuff from them in Bamber Bridge though of course that isn't of much help to many.

AndyRM

XOXO
It was a joke...

Can't fault Ribble for either service or quality myself. Great value for money and were always quick to answer my questions.

Top Bottom