Ribble or Giant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The only thing with the XS Giant is that the chainset or the cranks are a 165 and I dont like those I would need a 170.
So I would have to buy one and get it swapped over and sell the other on Ebay or forums. One guy said that he would do it just at cost. But with the Ribble I could speck it to come with a 170.
Yep a good idea. Why I don't buy off the peg bikes nowadays

tom73

Guru
Well I went to Ribble sale armed with my list not much left some must have camped out opened at 9. We arrived at 9.30. Still a nice drive out and got to give other bikes the once over. Sadly my hit list one's had gone but at least I did not have to watch them being pushed out the door well waiting to get in. Must have gone before we arrived.

As to the OP question both are good but can only really talk about Ribble I found the service to be good from start to finish. As for the bike I love it once I get going it's hard to end the ride well and once you let it go it sure can move.

gbb

Legendary Member
I suspect if you took a similar spec on each frame...you'd scarcely notice any difference between the two.
Get the right size, get the best spec you can for the money and go for the one that 'floats your boat. I'm sure either one are good bikes.
FWIW I have had a Ribble since 2012 and had no regrets or problems at all.

gmw492

Veteran
Well I went to Ribble sale armed with my list not much left some must have camped out opened at 9. We arrived at 9.30. Still a nice drive out and got to give other bikes the once over. Sadly my hit list one's had gone but at least I did not have to watch them being pushed out the door well waiting to get in. Must have gone before we arrived.

As to the OP question both are good but can only really talk about Ribble I found the service to be good from start to finish. As for the bike I love it once I get going it's hard to end the ride well and once you let it go it sure can move.
I had a hit list myself but as I said in previous post decided not to go, Ribble tweeted on Twitter 100 people outside at 09.00 , as much as I love a bargain I wouldn't of gone for that.

tom73

Guru
I had a hit list myself but as I said in previous post decided not to go, Ribble tweeted on Twitter 100 people outside at 09.00 , as much as I love a bargain I wouldn't of gone for that.

Well as i own one and like it and having seen the list it was worth a chance also had a few extra bikes not on the list and plenty of other stuff to have a rummage though but nothing i really needed. Only arrived a bit after 9 as mrs 73 is on nights. If we'd both been free well different story

Top Bottom