Ribble or Planet X?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Which bikes? Have you tried them out? On what basis have you decided on those? If only price, it could well be looking at sales on last years models. You could get a different/bike spec for similar money, with a longer warranty than Ribble?PX offer (probably 5 or 6 years max versus lifetime from the likes of Giant)

Planet X use Yodel to deliver...if Ribble use someone else, thtta could well swing it for me! Or will you collect in person, even better

pawl

Legendary Member
Hi,

I've narrowed it down to 2 carbon road bikes.

Ribble or Planet X.

What are your opionions?

Thanks

Planet X Don’t know where you live. I went up to Planetx. Well worth the visit,measured up for frame size,crank length,stem length they checked my position on a turbo.Not a full bike fit but for me dimensions were spot on.

Really helpful and knowledgeable staff

The only down side was the delivery company Yodel. Bike delivered without my knowledge I had remained in all day,eventually found a large cardboard box at 8 PM .Item should have been signed for.May be I have had an iffy delivery guy

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've had an RT-58 carbon for a couple of years now, cracking bike for the money and excellent service from Planet X

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've had an RT-58 carbon for a couple of years now, cracking bike for the money and excellent service from Planet X

I had an RT-58 & it was quite literally a cracking bike :sad: it was replaced with an RT-80 which cracked after 1 month & 500 miles :angry: & then Planet X showed why they get slated for their customer service, took about 4 months to get another replacement, which I never rode, just sold it on. Loved the RT-58 but the customer service was shocking & I haven't bought anything from PX since

Probably much of a muchness.
But IMO these aren't the budget brands market leaders that they used to be. I would take a look at decathlon and look for last years models if cost is an issue.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I had an RT-58 & it was quite literally a cracking bike :sad: it was replaced with an RT-80 which cracked after 1 month & 500 miles :angry: & then Planet X showed why they get slated for their customer service, took about 4 months to get another replacement, which I never rode, just sold it on. Loved the RT-58 but the customer service was shocking & I haven't bought anything from PX since
Oh dear:sad: Out of interest, where did the RT-58 crack?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Oh dear:sad: Out of interest, where did the RT-58 crack?
On the down tube, by the cable entry point. I noticed it at a cafe stop over 40 miles from home, bit of a worrying ride home, but made it, thankfully ^_^
392585-88544166ba144573729b8789e2c1a1bf.jpg

Top Bottom