rich

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Was at college today, and a mate kept taking the mick. Every few minutes he'd be calling me rich and making remarks about it.
I got rather annoyed, it wasnt snobbery jokes or ought like that, and i guess i do have a decent sized house.
But afterwards when he was being serious and asked why it bothered me so much?

And I dont know. :sad:

Anyone else ever felt like that or ought? It really bugged me though.

Abitrary

I mostly hate public school boys I've ever worked with throughout my life, rich or not.

Purely irrational. The best sort of hatred.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Nobody likes being called names or being refered to if it is in a derogatory manner. Even if it is a nice thing, if it is said to put you down then it is going to upset you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Nobody likes being called names or being refered to if it is in a derogatory manner. Even if it is a nice thing, if it is said to put you down then it is going to upset you.

Exactly. If someone kept poking you in the ribs, even if it didn't hurt, you'd get annoyed after a while. If this guy can't understand that, he needs to grow up. Or be poked in the ribs every few minutes until he snaps.

Greedo

My question would be if you are indeed rich or not. What is a young guy doing on the forum at 11 o'clock on a Friday night??????????

That's madness, madness I say!

Get out and about for gods sake!!!!!!! ;)

Noodley

Greedo said:
My question would be if you are indeed rich or not. What is a young guy doing on the forum at 11 o'clock on a Friday night??????????

Kovu is not a bloke, pay attention! ;)

Abitrary said:
I mostly hate public school boys I've ever worked with throughout my life, rich or not.

Purely irrational. The best sort of hatred.

I've met a few who have felt the need to constantly try to demonstrate that they are superior to me - know more, have more valid opinions.

Hate is too strong a word IME of this, but I wouldn't call a dislike of anyone who exuded that unnecessary kind of attitude irrational!

Gromit

Über Member
Its better than being berated for being poor. I was constantly reminded about it through out my school career. It became worse when I went to school wearing a dress from a charity shop that had previously belonged to one of the bullies. Kids can be so harsh. :biggrin:

Top Bottom