England : Leicestershire Ride to Wymondam Windmill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Sunday 26th February
Advance notice it's like I'm almost organised
Meeting point Cossington village and a roughly 50 mile loop to the cafe at Wymondham Windmill
I've never been before but it's been recommended to me and I've not rode the route yet but roughly plotted the distance .
Who's in @Supersuperleeds ,@tallliman ,@Joobert ,@broady .
If anyone wants to drive to the start point on street parking is available
Ride is weather dependent and won't happen if forecast is terrible and could be moved to the following weekend

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I should be okay for this one ^_^

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Trail run this morning . 44 mile loop Cossington to Cossington . Some lovely lanes around Waltham . Terrain can be described as rolling worst climb will be Saxileby hill which we have done before . Hopefully the weather will be a tad warmer
Cafe was very busy at 1230 I plan to get there earlier about 1130 only had a coffee but good looked ok and loads of cyclists in so it must be ok . Bike shop nice some nice Bianchis in ( bring your cheque book )

broady

Veteran
I'm a possible, but I'm only allowed Sunday morning at present so need to get some extra jobs round the house done and see if I'm allowed

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I'm a possible, but I'm only allowed Sunday morning at present so need to get some extra jobs round the house done and see if I'm allowed
Rough timing based on the four of us riding which will be about 15/16 mph Leave Cossington 0900 cafe at 1030 half an hour stop leave 1100 back at Cossington 1230 .Then the time it takes you to get back home you just need some wriggle room . Start time will be frost dependant any frost and it will moved back

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
A week to go reminder
Proposed start time 0900 from Cossington . Junction of main Street and Bennett's lane by red phone box .
Weather looks okish if a bit Windy should be no frost issues

Top Bottom