Ride with GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Ride with gps anybody using it or something else?
I use it, it is my preferred site for in depth analysis of rides, such as looking at gradients on climbs.
I also have used Garmin Connect, annoyed at their recent changes, and SportTracks, which is a free downloadable program.

colly

Re member eR
I use RWGPS. I find it gives me all I need to know. Some of the stats are a little off, such as 'max speed 560mph' but by and large it's an easy site to use.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I use Sports Tracker to keep a track of my fitness. + it was free on my Nokia. Got my brother interested in using it to keep a track of his running fitness.

WorcesteRob

Über Member
Garmin connect for me, never had an issue and find it easy to use.

400bhp

Guru
Ride with GPS (RWGPS) is 2nd choice route builder. I use bikeroutetoaster generally first. I have found RWGPS doesn't distinguish enough between roads and tracks that are suitable for a road bike.

400bhp

Guru
So do I - Generally, Bikeroutetoaster won't send you down those with the "follow roads" option selected (or whatever it is called on bikeroutetoaster),

hfinger

Ride with gps anybody using it or something else?
I use Ride With GPS (RWGPS) all the time and have forked out $au80pa for the Premium edition. I find Strava all about competition, which doesn't interest me. I like sight-seeing, pleasant aerobic exercise, company. With RWGPS I can record tracks and convert them to routes, plan new routes or copy printed route/track maps published on the internet and make them my own. Premium automatically adds voice cues for navigation while you are planning, and you can modify the generated cues or custom cues of your own. I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro which can read GPS, Glonass, and BeiDou constellations of satellites for extremely accurate positioning to within 5m, which really helps.

Top Bottom