RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2016) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't think they were as close together as 5 miles
I pulled that number out of the air.
Mats were at mile markers 0, 17, 26, 47, 55, 75, 85 and 98 (the end).

I stand corrected.

But even then, they know the times each rider cross the mats, and where the blockages are. It would be easy to model an algorithm that would show the rider numbers over the course. Very inaccurate for individuals, but spot on for the herd.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
All very well for the live tracker to extrapolate position, but it assumed you were passing timing points even if didn't see you, resulting in your indicated position leaping BACKWARDS several miles when you eventually did pass the next timing point.
My dear mum (who was trying to text progress progress reports to my wife & children in London) was very confused by my apparent wish to 'do another lap'.
You can replay your tracker on the website, and my progress does a couple of backwards leaps, plus a 7 mile forward leap from Putney to the finish because I had sped up for the last 20 miles.

Not the best tracking algorithm, but it has to be able to cope with route alterations and presumably a less than 100% detection of timing chips, so fair enough it makes assumptions. I think it was said elsewhere, more timing points is the only way to improve tracking accuracy.

Top Bottom