Rides from Central Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I shall have the pleasure of spending a long weekend in Nottingham at the end of this week. I've never been to the city before and am debating whether to take my bike (road bike with 25mm slicks) for a couple of early morning darts while Mrs Peez is doing her ablutions.

I have no time to do any research really, so if anyone can make any recommendations about 20-30mile rides from/around central Nottingham (even if the recommendation is "don't bother") I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,
Andy

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think they have trams there now, so watch out for tramlines!

13 rider

Guru
Looking at the rides above Castle marina loop looks a nice nice and takes in roads south of Nottingham I know and it looks ok . I believe the centre of Nottingham in reasonably served with cycle paths but as mentioned watch the team tracks . Where are you staying ? @tallliman may now the cycle paths better

Be careful on the tramtracks!

If you let me know where you are staying and a distance, whether you want a road route etc, I can plot something for you.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
How long? Hilly/flat?
Sorry, I'm only able to snatch the odd minute here and there online today and tomorrow, hence not being able to do any research. Any routes do-able inside a couple of hours at an avg of about 15mph would be great. Up for hills but don't mind flat. Anything scenic (urban or rural) would be a bonus. Thanks again.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Anywhere due south is nice. Bunny, Keyworth, Costock way. Nice Pie cafe is about 17 miles away near Six Hills which is well worth a ride out to.

I'm not sure of the best route out of Nottingham but I've ridden the last 10 miles or so of this route several times

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25693934

Top Bottom