Riding hungover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I had a few glasses of wine last night, to celebrate the 1st anniversary of us moving to France. I don't drink much these days and half a bottle of wine is quite enough to have me feeling rough in the morning.

Anyways, I did 30km this morning in an attempt to get some blood circulating in my alcohol system... NOT a good idea! It was hard work and I feel really carp now!

But I did wonder if it was useful in some way; having the muscles working in less than ideal state for instance. Character building at least?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Take some isotonic energy drink with you and you would have been fine !!!! Or more vino in the bottle cages...... hair of the dog and all !

Abitrary

No, don't cycle with a hangover, it will make it worse.

I think it's got something to do adrenalin produced vs. alcohol sweated out. Swimming is the only excersize that can alleviate a hangover, but stay hydrated all the same.

Before someone says running... if you can run, then you don't have a proper hangover.

Bodhbh

Guru
Generally find it clears up or at least I don't notice it while on the bike. But there are hangovers and hangovers...

Since I started riding this year been on a couple of boozy bike tours, if I didn't ride with a hangover I think I wouldn't have gotten 15miles.

MessenJah

Rider
You need electrolytes and sugar as well as water to make you feel better after a night on the booze

Try eating a ripe banana, they work wonders for me.

Milo

Guru
Last time I rode with a hangover I managed to not see the red double decker bus in Camden and slammed into the back of it at about 8 mph.
Only buckled the wheel though.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
milo said:
Only buckled the wheel though.
Sounds like a distinctly flimsy bus, I hope Boris' beloved routemasters are a bit more durable.

Back on-topic, I concur with HLaB - a bit of fresh air does wonders. Not sure how well it works for competitive riders though...

LLB

I'd have said a can of 'Relentless'. but you'd probably be gagging for a shag by the end of the ride :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't remember riding with a real bumper hangover, but I find after a heavy night and feeling slightly whoosey, the riding and the fresh air seems to make things feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom