Right Knee Pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianco

Hi Guys

Notice a lot of knee pain threads appearing but not ro ruins anyones else chance of help by interfering I thought I start another topic.

Recently I've upped my training level drastically, and my thighs, quads, and muscles at front of leg above knee are larger than they've ever been.

I've practically stopped walking, at first because I didn't need to. Now it's because my knee really hurts.

I'm starting skating to work in a bid to build up my other muscles as I feel they're underdeveloped and thats what's ripping my knee apart. Will this help?

Could anybody offer any help?

2369692060_98c206c486.jpg

andygates

Knees are complicated things. Where is the pain, what sort of pain is it, and when does it happen?

OP
OP
B

bianco

When I cycle, it's the front along the muscle.

When I walk/stand it's "in the middle". It's only relieved when no weight is placed on it.

Cheers Andy

stevenb

Gruesome pic Andy....:cry:
If it hurts you must rest it!
Doing a variety of sports may benefit your quads etc but the impact they have on your knees will vary. Skating for example will put stress on the sides of your knee moreso than cycling.
I would advise resting for a week and then ease back into training.
Our bodies need ample time to recover especially when your increasing training levels. The harder you push yourself the more time you may need to recover until your body catches up with itself again.

OP
OP
B

bianco

Thanks stevenb.

My point of showing that picture was to emphasize the swelling shown above my right knee.

OP
OP
B

bianco

Sorted with the obvious!

Raised my seat 10mm, re-angled my seat so it was level and re-aligned my cleats on my shoes.

Went out for a 15mile spin and no worries!

Sorry for being a dumbass. ONe question though, why did it only affect one knee?

yenrod

bianco said:
Sorted with the obvious!

Raised my seat 10mm, re-angled my seat so it was level and re-aligned my cleats on my shoes.

Went out for a 15mile spin and no worries!

Sorry for being a dumbass. ONe question though, why did it only affect one knee?

Because what you did was accentuate the exactments of your pedalling dynamics in how you where set-up etc...

OP
OP
B

bianco

yenrod said:
Because what you did was accentuate the exactments of your pedalling dynamics in how you where set-up etc...

Sorry Yenrod, are you saying I'm a wonky pedaller, but the errors only surfaced because of the incorrectly adjusted equipment?

If thats not what you're saying, please can I have it in laymans terms.

Thanks

Martin

Tynan

Veteran
bianco said:
Sorted with the obvious!

Raised my seat 10mm, re-angled my seat so it was level and re-aligned my cleats on my shoes?

anyone with knee complaints should rule out cleats and seat position/height first seems to me

Tynan said:
anyone with knee complaints should rule out cleats and seat position/height first seems to me

I agree. After about 30 miles a year or so ago, I was suffering badly. I stopped and had a good look at the bike. The seat seemed a bit low and I upped it by nearly two inches. The pain went in the next mile. The problem had been that the seat was gradually slipping down.

Top Bottom