RIP Zippy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anyone under the age of 40 probably doesn't know who Zippy is....

Roy Skelton voice of Zippy & George and also The Darleks has died.

_53307077_zippy.jpg

krushavik

What a shame, another piece of my childhood gone. R.I.P

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
and it was rod, jane and geoffrey when i was very small.
also jamie and the magic torch was on before it :biggrin: then thomas the tank engine after.
those were the days :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
and it was rod, jane and geoffrey when i was very small.
also jamie and the magic torch was on before it :biggrin: then thomas the tank engine after.
those were the days :biggrin:

Rod Jane and Matt actually, Matt being Matthew Corbett of Sooty fame. I have an LP ( 12 inches of plastic with grooves in it for those young uns who don't know :biggrin: ) of the songs from Rainbow. Has all the characters on there too.

Chorlton and the wheelies used to be on after when i was a lad.

bopnus point for anybody who can tell me the dogs name from Jamie- No Googling though .

on the road

Über Member
Rod Jane and Matt actually, Matt being Matthew Corbett of Sooty fame. I have an LP ( 12 inches of plastic with grooves in it for those young uns who don't know :biggrin: ) of the songs from Rainbow. Has all the characters on there too.

Chorlton and the wheelies used to be on after when i was a lad.

bopnus point for anybody who can tell me the dogs name from Jamie- No Googling though .
If you mean Jamie and the Magic Torch, it's Wordsworth, I know because I've got the DVD :blush:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
sorry yeah, matt wasn't it, then freddie. and then geoffrey or sommat.
yeah jamie and the magic torch, i can still sing the intro :biggrin:
chorlton and the wheelies is sommat i haven't seen in so very long... that was an epic program.

frank9755

Cyclist
A sad day. Zippy was always my favourite.
sad.gif

Many years ago, one of my work colleagues wondered why people started calling him Geoffrey. He soon discovered it was because people thought his new girlfriend looked like Bungle!

subaqua

What’s the point
correct Jamies dog was indeed callled wordsworth.

have watched 3 episodes of Rainbow with the kids . they both love it - 10yr old and 4yr old.

Top Bottom