Ripping albums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crash

Okay can anyone help me ?

When i rip my albums into the comp they are being placed into a dedicated album folder in the music directory :wacko: , is there anyway they can just be ripped directly into the music folder and not into individual folders ?

I just want all my tracks in the same directory and short of ripping them and moving them later, I'm at a loss :sad:

It's a new comp which is running vista and media player 11.

Ben M

start up windos media player
Go into the settings
go to ripping settings
change the default folder to save files to

OP
OP
C

Crash

Install something on my nice new laptop :tongue:

Give it a week and then it will be full of crap :smile:

Vista is truly a pain in the butt, I mean if i want all my album tracks mixed together in one directory that's my choice , but vista says NO you must have them in nice and neat individual directories.

nigelnorris

Crash said:
Vista is truly a pain in the butt, I mean if i want all my album tracks mixed together in one directory that's my choice , but vista says NO you must have them in nice and neat individual directories.
Nothing at all to do with Vista, it's the same on any Windows operating system version. It's a limitation of WMP and there are any number of Windows based alternatives to that.

I can't imagine why you want this, once ripped you never have to look at the individual files again, you just use WMP to manipulate them.

The reason WMP does this is that its library structure isn't designed to deal with a single folder containing a large number of tracks. Too many and it will break anyway, so rippping then moving them all into a single folder afterwards isn't an option unless you have only a few CDs.

OP
OP
C

Crash

nigelnorris said:
Nothing at all to do with Vista, it's the same on any Windows operating system version. It's a limitation of WMP and there are any number of Windows based alternatives to that.

I can't imagine why you want this, once ripped you never have to look at the individual files again, you just use WMP to manipulate them.

The reason WMP does this is that its library structure isn't designed to deal with a single folder containing a large number of tracks. Too many and it will break anyway, so rippping then moving them all into a single folder afterwards isn't an option unless you have only a few CDs.

Interesting to know :evil:

Top Bottom