RLJ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my ride out yesterday I pulled up at a set of lights with a sports car next to me, a chap on a wedgie pulled past us both and rode through the red light, car driver looked over to me and said, "why didn't you do that?", me "because it is illegal and dangerous", him "then why did he do it?", me "because he is a nob".

Car driver agreed and said it was a shame that a few idiots spoiled it for the rest of us, hopefully I have made a small victory for the majority.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think 'small' is the operative word in your final statement!

Slighty OT, I found a RLJ usefull today. At a 4 way signalised where I usually go straight (N to S), 99 times out of 100 I get cut up by a right turning car from the south arm. However RLJ was coming from the east to do a right turn; doing so caused the driver to brake, meaning he couldn't cut me up.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I got one to stop RLJing yesterday, I commented each time I passed him, and after a couple of lights he stopped jumping them. For how long I dunno.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Also known as:

an ass hatchet
a weapon of ass destruction
an upwrong

All just derogatory names for normal bikes, from recumbent riders. Funny, and not entirely fair, and very tongue in cheek.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
What's a wedgie?

A standard bike - term used mainly by recumbent riders (like the OP)

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/wedgie/

redjedi

Über Member
dondare said:
TBH, I doubt that cyclists who stop are in the majority.

Agreed. I'm normal quite suprised when I see other cyclists stopped at a red light.

I sometimes feel as if I should jump the light, just because everyone else is doing it, and I feel like a plonker sat waiting on my own. :tongue:

(it's probably not as bad as that, but it must be 2 jumpers to every 1 who stops)

Top Bottom