road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevin ADDERLEY

hi, looking on getting a new road bike - i am totality confused with what i should get - i don't know much about bikes i just want a nice comfy bike that i can spend weekend riding -

i would prefer to get one that has been assembled - as i have no confidence in building them on my own (but if it is easy i would consider)

i think my budget is £500 -

i have seen a sirrus elite, scott and tree on e-bay - the cannodale looks nice as well

OP
OP
K

Kevin ADDERLEY

oh what are the
Carrera like?

Norm

Bikes from ebay are the same as anything from ebay, you are buying something that someone else wants to get shot of.

It could be that it is in good condition and as described by the seller but, IMO, if you are wary of building a bike up yourself, I would avoid dipping a toe into ebay's second hand market as there is a lot of crap on there.

Carrera are good bikes, Boardman are good bikes, both are let down by the retailers. Some Halfords stores have good staff who care about bikes and customers, but most don't, IMO.

The Sirrus Elite is a great bike but, IMO, if you are looking at a road bike, get something with dropped bars. It will take time (probably less than 10 miles) to get used to them but it will be worth it.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I have the Sirrus and it quite possibly the best bike ihavemy ever ridden, but since buying it have modded it to suit my style of riding . Good comfortable fast bike IMO

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Decathalon Triban 3 is great value, a fair quality spec and carbon forks for £300 and staff who seem to care.

I bought the Triban 5 and I am more than happy with it.

Give Decathalon a visit before making your final decision

beermonster

Über Member
Yep if you're near Decathlon then worth a look.

Top Bottom