1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

road gloves

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by big manc, 31 May 2008.

1. big manc

big manc New Member

Can anyone recommend any open fingered road gloves with plenty of padding as my hands get pins and needles on longish rides. Cheers.

2. Evilcat

Evilcat Senior Member

Specialized BG Gel Mitts. Plus look at thicker bar tape like the Specialized Roubaix stuff.

Specialized advert now over!

EC

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

+1 for the Specialized BG.

4. amber789

amber789 New Member

+2 for speciaized

5. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Spesh again +3

6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

7. big manc

big manc New Member

Cheers for the recs. Will defo look at the spesh and trek ones

8. k-dog

k-dog New Member

I don't find the Specialized ones any good on a road bike - great on a mountain bike but if you spend most of the time on the hoods the padding is in the wrong place.

9. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Could be - I use the BG comp & +4 them, but then I hardly ever ride on the hoods.

10. + again for the BG comp... I have a pair with the red backs - I find them a bit more comfy than the black ones (gel?) that cost a few squids more:wacko: but that's probably just me...

11. big manc

big manc New Member

Iwent for a look round my local lbs's and you guessed it,came out with a pair of spesh bg gel mitts and spesh bar phat tape (wallet is now flat).Did look for trek mitts what dayvo recommended but none about to compare. Tape fitted and out i went and did a 23 miler WHEY HEY:biggrin: no numbness or pins and needles Thanks again for the recs i'm well chuffed:biggrin::biggrin:

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through