Road Sign Consultation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

I'm tempted to see if I can be a part of it.

jonesy

Guru
A good opportunity to go metric, but to save the expense of scrapping all the existing signs, we simply leave the existing speed limit signs in place and read them in Km/h instead! :biggrin:

hackbike 6

They'd still go faster than the offending sign.

21liu7l.gif

What zimzum said as well.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I hope they address the maddening issue of Middle-lane-Malcolms. I despise those lazy, bone idle or ignorant people who probably complain about the "terrible congestion" on our motorways while dramatically contributing to it by reducing the road's capacity to two lanes due to their insistance on stating in the middle lane at all times.

atbman

Veteran
How about getting rid of the "derestricted" sign and replacing them with the actual max. allowed, i.e. 60 on single carriageways and 70 on dual, etc.

Trillian

atbman said:
How about getting rid of the "derestricted" sign and replacing them with the actual max. allowed, i.e. 60 on single carriageways and 70 on dual, etc.

because then they have to put repeater signs every however many yards.

personally i hope they don't go metric, it'd mean re calibrating my car's speedometer

Bug

atbman said:

Because the National Speed Limit signs mean different limits to different vehicles. For example, on a single carriageway a car not towing may go 60mph where conditions allow, but an HGV may only travel at 50. Similarly a dual is 70/60 for the same two vehicles.

domtyler

Über Member
It would be a good time to swap over to driving on the right too as on the continent, bring us all into line.

Top Bottom