Roll on summer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
...or spring, even, considering it's the shortest month Februaury doesn't 'arf go on and on and on....

I've had enough of getting wet and coldxx(

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Amen to that.

I quite like the Winter, and the cold, but I've had enough of it now.:wacko:

Oh I dunno - I was quite surprised to see the last bit of Feb looming close at the bottom of the kitchen calendar this morning. Hasn't seemed that long to me, but glad to see the back of this month for other reasons (like being off the bike) though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's a lovely morning today in London but looking at the weather forecast it's not going to last long. It does seem to be dragging this poor weather.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As much as I like winter, I am starting to get a bit cheesed off with this cold, damp gloomy weather. Roll on spring.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well in some ways its been nice to have a proper winter for once ... but this storm that's coming at the weekend is going to be first we have had for ages... probably take down some trees/large branches - though I've just checked metcheck ... and it doesn't seem to even get a mention... maybe I heard wrong.

Yesterday we were discussing clothing for cycling with some work colleagues and someone mentioned shorts... and the images that sprang to mind were so lovely and appealing that I had to shut them out for fear of becoming totally depressed about the current weather.

HobbesChoice

summerdays said:
Well in some ways its been nice to have a proper winter for once ... but this storm that's coming at the weekend is going to be first we have had for ages... probably take down some trees/large branches - though I've just checked metcheck ... and it doesn't seem to even get a mention... maybe I heard wrong.

Yesterday we were discussing clothing for cycling with some work colleagues and someone mentioned shorts... and the images that sprang to mind were so lovely and appealing that I had to shut them out for fear of becoming totally depressed about the current weather.

:wacko: Where did you hear that from summerdays?

Davidc

Guru
Yes - just have to hope the thing blows itself out over Spain and France before it gets here! Doesn't look as if Madeira's going to be worth visiting for a while.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bit milder today, but the roads are covered in a greasy black damp goo - bloody slippy - had the back end step out quite a bit last two days. Plenty of 'cycle' tracks in the thicker stuff within a foot of the curb....

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Really nice and warm (comparatively anyway) this morning. Definitely spring on the way- I wore legwarmers instead of tights and didn't wear my wooly hat.

I also felt like my bike was lighter and I'd started to find some fitness although it turned out that the wind had changed direction overnight.

Another sign of spring: the cat wanted out at 11 pm rather than waking me up at 4 am.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I asked the landlord if we could have a cat. He said no.

I could ask him if we could have a catflap, but he might catch on.

Top Bottom