Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Maybe I've become a bit obsessed with hills around North London but this event free to both spectators and entrants could be a giggle.

http://www.rollapalu...m/?page_id=1607

Rollapaluza are proud to announce the “Urban Hill Climb” which we believe will be the first London Hill Climb evet with a full road closure.

On Thursday 22nd after the pros in the Tour de France have battled their way up the Col du Tourmalet, Londoners (and visitors!) will be able to grab their own piece of glory on the slopes of Highgate’s renowned Swains Lane which features in Hill Climb expert Simon Warren’s new book “100 Greatest Cycling Climbs”

Entry is free so you’ll need to register quickly in order to take part, plus

Condor cycles are supporting the event with top-notch prizes totalling over £750 and Rollapaluza themselves are putting up a cash prize pot of £500.

34241_408158334351_624134351_4595563_3497279_n.jpg

I spoke to Des at the weekend and he mentioned that there was a ride called 'Swaintoux' where the boys and girls of LFGSS, and others I'm sure, did it twenty four times - to replicate the ascent total of Mont Ventoux.
I have only had a brief dalliance with LFGSS-ers - but they must have been rocket fuel fuelled!!!
Here's a link about it Abs - get a new fixie? :tongue:

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I spoke to Des at the weekend and he mentioned that there was a ride called 'Swaintoux' where the boys and girls of LFGSS, and others I'm sure, did it twenty four times - to replicate the ascent total of Mont Ventoux.
I have only had a brief dalliance with LFGSS-ers - but they must have been rocket fuel fuelled!!!
Here's a link about it Abs - get a new fixie? :tongue:

:laugh: ok even I'd pass that up!

No problem Mart - easy to get to. You can muck about with Abs going up and down and round. When you have finished, we'll be outside Starbucks on Portland Place / Regent Street.. :rofl: Could build in some slight off-road, as beloved by Ian and Mista P if you like, eh Clive? :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
No problem Mart - easy to get to. You can muck about with Abs going up and down and round. When you have finished, we'll be outside Starbucks on Portland Place / Regent Street.. :rofl: Could build in some slight off-road, as beloved by Ian and Mista P if you like, eh Clive? :biggrin:

Oh come on it'll be fun!!! you can't go lolling about in Starbucks when there's a hill to be climbed!!

And I have enough problems with my wheels riding on the road!!

Tynan

Veteran
used to drive down that road regular, used to have trouble keeping the speed down it's certainly steep

quite a range of gears that lot had on the day, hurray for the tandem

CotterPin

Sorry I missed this as I just live down the road - Swains Lane was my Saturday morning ride earlier in the year. Five times with descents of West Hill. Never managed anything like the times they did though.

Top Bottom