Root filling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Just come out of the dentists after a root filling in one of my front teeth.

Feels as if i've been hit in the face with a cricket bat!

4000kr or £390 lighter too. I'm sure there's people out there who would have hit me for free!

You'll appreciate it after a while Stephen...it possibly was a cricket bat as the dentist 'hit you for six' with the bill! :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mrs Gti is having an implant done, which is costing the family purse well over £1000! When we watched the TDF she was heavily bruised all over her face so we just joked to people that she had been mugged - by a dentist.

yello

A dentist I went to in the UK seemed most p*ssed of that I didn't want root canal treatment and asked him to pull the tooth instead. I can understand it from his perspective, as I suppose root canal is a better earner for them, but I just couldn't see the point of it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A dentist I went to in the UK seemed most p*ssed of that I didn't want root canal treatment and asked him to pull the tooth instead. I can understand it from his perspective, as I suppose root canal is a better earner for them, but I just couldn't see the point of it.

Same here, it cost me £ 6.00 (a few years ago) for the extraction rather than going for a root canal.

ChrisKH

Guru
I had mine yesterday. I wouldn't mind but I spent two and a quarter hours in the dental surgery and most of that time was waiting for the dentist. My jaw hurts more from the repeated injections than the drilling. And I swear I'm just not thinking straight today.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I think that a lot of the cost is the drill that cleans the root out - £45 a pop and the govt won't let them be sterilized and re-used because of health concerns - even on the same patient!.

Ever noticed how dentists have the worst manners you will ever come across, they chatter away to the nurse and ignore you completly, they tip you at all angles and the only time they listen to you is when you say you want expencive treatment.

4F

[QUOTE 1189736"]
My Dad had one of his teeth out. It turned out it was £18 cheaper to have it done without a local.:ohmy: :wacko:
[/quote]

He had a Polish dentist ?

zizou

Veteran
Had root canal treatment on a tooth at the start of the summer - took 4 different trips to the dentist (an hour each time) over the course of 3 months for it to be finished!

Got to say my dentist is great and last time I had a root canal I almost fell asleep. But then he's a dental-phobe himself and loads me up with loads of local anesthetic and gas and hands out the vicodin or co-codamol like candy after the fact.

4F

[QUOTE 1189740"]
You are on form tonight 4F. I was going to over indulge myself with learning about accounting for pensions and benefits. However I think I may stay on for a while longer.:biggrin: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

:biggrin:

RedBike

I've got tooth ache and i'm dreading going to the dentist. I don't mind the pain too much, irronically its the numb feeling from the anethetic that I hate. I also couldn't afford a 300 bill!

Top Bottom