1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rose bikes, you've let yourself down

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by jifdave, 15 Feb 2013.

1. jifdave

jifdave rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast

last friday i ordered some wheels from rose approx 10am, then had a change of heart and decided i wanted different ones, so emailed asking to cancel so i could re order, they cancelled straight away without question then said just reorder approx 11am. I paid with paypal and as yet still havent had a refund. i have emailed several times and just get a response saying its been passed to accounts and will be in the next few days....
    How can i order a new set when they still have my money? paypal is very simple to make refunds. its now been 7 days and still no refund!! how ridiculous.

Just as a comparison. on monday i ordered 3 jerseys from wiggle. they were delivered tuesday. i tried them on wednesday and sent the two back i didnt want. they received them thursday and got my refund today.

rose 7 days without sending any goods still no refund.
    wiggle 5 days sent and then received goods back and gave refund!

i was looking to buy a rose bike in the summer, i think my 1k will now go to canyon instead

2. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

Always found Rose very good even when their computer system screwed up and tried to authorise the CC for several dozen wheelsets. Could it be Paypal taking their time due to it being in a foreign currency?

3. jifdave

not from the emails i've had the lady keeps telling me she is waiting for accounts to process it.

i would have understood a refund wednesdayish but this is bordering on ridiculous.

4. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

Thats one of the reasons I don't like paypal, payment is instantanious, paying by cc they don't take the cash until the items are actually in transit. Surprised they haven't sorted it though they where very helpful and understanding in my case.

My problem was their computer asking the cc to authorise the amount but never getting the authorisation despite it being sent, so they kept asking, in the end the cc company had 'put aside' several '000 £ to cover the authorisations that Rose had made but never received. (40 odd times for one set of wheels:laugh: which meant the cc maxed out on pending transactions without spending a penny:ohmy:)

Who have you been dealing with? I dealt with this guy in accounts and he was very helpful Niklas.Tetiet@rose.de or andrea.vehoff@rose.de in their ordering dept. hth

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

My last two orders with Rose came in two days.

6. jifdave

ive been emailing andrea. just disappointed that i neither have money or new wheels. and all because someone hasnt activated the refund and no other reason.

7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Veteran

I don't like Paypal, at all.

It acts like a bank with your money, but is effectively unregulated.

Might not be at fault in this case, but I will not use it.

8. Lee_M

Lee_M Über Member

hmm, can you really blame a company for being slow with a refund if you cant even make your own mind up? :-)

maybe the accounts department have other things to do as well as process your refund and are just in a busy period?

i am sure its frustrating but is it really worth damning a company because they havent met your expectations for how quick this should work? does their website say what the SLA for refunds is?

9. jifdave

my point was that wiggle took 1 day to refund, rose have taken a week!

im sure they wouldnt give me a set of wheels to hold onto for a week without paying for them.

i'd expect any company to make a refund within 3 days. but with it now being friday night its likely to be 9-10 days before a refund is even action'd

bainy16 likes this.
  10. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

Whilst I agree, there is a difference between returning goods and being issued a refund, and cancelling a binding contract without ever seeing the goods.

Whilst you would be able to return the wheels to Rose with no explanation and expect a full refund, under their T&C you are not entitled to cancel the order (if I am reading correctly)

Purchase agreement
    The display of merchandise on our website constitutes a non-binding offer. By clicking on the Send button in step 4 you are submitting a binding purchase order for the articles listed in the shopping cart.

I suspect that had you emailed and asked to swap your order to the different set of wheels with cash either way rather than asking for an outright refund then things would have been expidited quicker?

MarquisMatsugae likes this.
  11. jifdave

i did ask for a swap or cancel and reorder, they chose cancel :sad:

12. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

In that case a poor showing for German efficiency, I can understand your frustration. They haven't issued you with any sort of credit note in your 'your account' area have they?

13. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Can't you just ask them not to refund the money but swap the order and you pay a bit extra or they owe you a little?

Edit: sorry just read the above post. Perhaps ask if you can change to swap rather than refund.

14. P.H

P.H Über Member

They're trying to save you from yourself, giving you a bit of time to make sure you get it right this time.

15. jifdave

Got another email from rose today, still no refund.

I raised a paypal claim and they have told me to remove the claim or no refund...... no response to the paypal claim though!

10 days! 10 days!!!!!!! and still no refund!!!!!

I was looking at a rose 66cm frame, and its been on my wishlist for 3 months just waiting till after my wedding to click buy, i think my money will best be spent with canyon's 65cm frame instead