Roundabout SMIDSY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Last night on the way home:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I8C-D6JOezI

A huge blat on the airzound got a great result! Bear in mind I'm doing 35 in the first part of this video, and about 28 approaching the roundabout. I could have stopped easily given I was on the 'bent, but I really enjoyed the shitting himself manouevre of the driver as a result of the airzound.

You really need sound on that video. I want to hear the airzound!

Of course it wouldn't have happened in the first place if you were wearing hi-viz.....:biggrin:

Mr Pig

Ahhh, a recumbent! I wondered why I could see feet! ;0)

I like it, but I do agree that you need more light. Not much good being smug if you're also squashed!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BM, where is that roundabout?
I see this sort of behaviour, day or night on the Lewisham Station RAB even when I've made eye contact with drivers and I have the Ay Up lights blazing.
It seems drivers have little interest in giving way to the right or even stoppping when they reach the 'give way' lines.

Good to hear you ain't squished!

MERV

magnatom said:
You really need sound on that video. I want to hear the airzound!

Of course it wouldn't have happened in the first place if you were wearing hi-viz.....:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Mr Pig said:
I like it, but I do agree that you need more light. Not much good being smug if you're also squashed!

I need more light? I don't get that comment.

tdr1nka, it's the Keston roundabout on the A233, there should be a google maps location on the video.

biking_fox

Guru
I was SMIDSY'd on a roundabout last night as well. It was only about 5pm so no need for lights. I was middle of the outside lane going 2nd exit. They cut to the inside lane and across my nose heading for the first exit. grrr. All very low speed 5mph or less. I didn't hit the deck, and suffered one very small graze from their bodywork. My brakehoods took out their wing mirror.

The car behind even stopped to check I and my bike were OK! thanks! shaken but undamaged, bike OK too.

Why don't people look. Or at least indicate, then I could have taken evasive action.

MERV

BentMikey said:
You can see the light in the traffic signs I pass, it's eye-searingly bright.

In my job it's easy to misread signals if you get caught with another light source.I would guess this is what happens on the road.Also the brain doesn't register properly for various reasons including tiredness and perhaps how many drugs have been taken the night before.Also im under the impression that the older driver cannot see as well in the dark.

The only trouble is mikey is that when people tell you things you dont generally listen because you have got your own opinions which are sort of locked in your head.IMHO.

MERV

Oh and another thing...I haven't had a SMIDSY in years.(touchwood and tempting fate)

The last one was due to the motorist having the sun in his eyes of which he explained and I accepted without a problem.

Top Bottom