Route suggestion please - Regent Street, W1 to Kingston Upon Thames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sprocket Dog

Hi folks,I need to cycle from Regent Street, W1 to Wolverton Road/Kingston Hill this evening. Can anyone please recommend a route for me? I've done this trip countless times on a motorbike but I don't fancy cycling down the open part of the A3 towards the Robin Hood junction.Thanks in advance.;)

aqaleigh

User1314 said:
Get to Putney Bridge. I would Personally just head towards Millbank, then along cHelsea Embankment followed by New Kings Road. Over Putney Bridge then first right along Lower Richmond Road. Left down Queen's Ride. Right along Upper Richmond Road. Left along Roehampton Lane (wave hello to the celebs in The Priory) and into Richmond Park. Cycle Clockwise. Exit at Kingston Gate. Straight on. That will more or less take you to Wolverton Avenue / Kingston Hospital.

sounds pretty much the route I took from central london to windsor
Just 1 thing - the park normally opens & closes on a dusk til dawn basis, so make sure its not closed

skrx

The route sounds good to me :smile:

"Clockwise" is a good way of remembering the route in the park. I tried remembering "straight on" the first time I went through -- which failed, as the gates were at an angle, and I forgot after I'd opened them and wheeled my bike through! Ended up at the exact opposite point to where I wanted to be...

OP
OP
S

Sprocket Dog

skrx said:
The route sounds good to me :laugh:

"Clockwise" is a good way of remembering the route in the park. I tried remembering "straight on" the first time I went through -- which failed, as the gates were at an angle, and I forgot after I'd opened them and wheeled my bike through! Ended up at the exact opposite point to where I wanted to be...

Lol, good exercise I guess. ;)As it happens, I didn't cycle to Kingston last night. I was all charged up to go but when I went to get changed I found that somebody had nicked my new Altura jacket and so had to take the motorcycle instead. ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Are they still Deer Culling at Richmond Park? I think I saw something a few weeks ago about this running on for a few weeks in the evenings?

Top Bottom