Rubbish lorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Eeeew poor you, they really stink don't they :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
But to be fair to them ... they do an essential job, and generally are nice to cyclists. And as I discovered recently the ones here have camera's at the back so that they know what is behind them which is sensible given how often they reverse. (So were you pulling faces at the back of the lorry?:biggrin:)

Jane Smart

The Queen
That is very true, I love our refuse collectors they always have nice smiles and wave and pass the time of day to me. I have lived in Dunfermline all my life, so even when I am not at the house or maybe up the town, they still wave and chat.:smile:

In fact a nice story, when we moved to this house eight years ago, we then had a different "set" of men emptying our bins. Do you know the old guys said to the new guys, be nice to her she is nice :biggrin:

But that does not detract from the fact the lorries stinkxx(

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Uncle Mort said:
I used to work on the bins during the summer when I was a student. To be honest, after a couple of days you get used to the stink and for a hard manual job it was great - you finished very early and the gaffer clocked you out for your full hours.

It's a bit of a doddle here these days. The rubbish is in black bags, in a greeen wheelie bin, outside the house already. I tmust have been hard andgruesome when we used to just empty the waste straight into a dustbin which they had to lug on their backs.

Top Bottom