Rucksack covers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I have a Deuter bag which has its own waterproof cover built in, decent too!

Jake

I use the non waterproof hump as the berghaus bag already has a waterproof cover, but its not reflective - hence the hump. Found that the cheap £3 waste coat from the market was not visable from behind when rucksack was on. Just gives that extra layer of protection. I think motorists are less likely to perform risky moves becuase if they do hit you and your coverd in lights and luminious stuff it will look worse for them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Does look expensive - my rucksack has a built in waterproof cover. To use one every day must be a bit of a pain, especially when not raining. Good for visibility though.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I use a Hump, and find it fine - the edges and straps are elasticated, so getting into the main section of the pack isn't the problem you'd think.

The reflectives on it are superb, and are the main reason I use mine.

Maz

Guru
I use reflective strips (taken from a hi-viz vest which I bought for £1) and pin them to my rucksack. Works fine for me.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Am I the only person who actually makes their rucksack wear the reflective vest then?:girl:

It looks a bit messy but at least all the reflective bits are not covered up by the rucksack.

I have to say though - I do like those covers - I like the chevron reflective bits! They look really effective.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I had a Hump (fnaaar !!), but it wasn't great. the press-studs tore away from the edging within about 3 months, and it let an alarming amount of water through. In the end I ruined it by putting it in the washing machine - and the lining came off like snow when I pulled it out. :smile:

Last Christmas I got a Creative Reflectives waterproof cover, and it's fantastic. Fits the sizes of rucksack that it claims to fit (unlike the Hump), and hasn't let in a drop.

Mind you, since May I've been using my much smaller and lighter Deuter Race EXP Air which has a built-in cover which has been totally resistant to the best the British summer threw at it. It's not reflective other than the Deuter logo on it, but I guess a few strips of reflective tape would suffice if I felt that my reflective waistcoat and very bright lights weren't enough.

ChrisKH

Guru
goo_mason said:
I had a Hump (fnaaar !!), but it wasn't great. the press-studs tore away from the edging within about 3 months, and it let an alarming amount of water through. In the end I ruined it by putting it in the washing machine - and the lining came off like snow when I pulled it out. :biggrin:

Last Christmas I got a Creative Reflectives waterproof cover, and it's fantastic. Fits the sizes of rucksack that it claims to fit (unlike the Hump), and hasn't let in a drop.

Mind you, since May I've been using my much smaller and lighter Deuter Race EXP Air which has a built-in cover which has been totally resistant to the best the British summer threw at it. It's not reflective other than the Deuter logo on it, but I guess a few strips of reflective tape would suffice if I felt that my reflective waistcoat and very bright lights weren't enough.

Just opted for the Creative reflectives cover and also the Square Arrow add on. Looks like a good buy. Thanks goo.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have the Yellow/Orange non-waterproof version. It's fine but my sack is too large! Hence, the elacticated edge at the top of the hump cover is fraying and coming away from the cover a bit. :sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
upandover said:

Yes, that's the Hump that I had. But buyers beware; it says: "Fits 25-40 litres rucksacks" though I wouldn't count on it fitting those at the upper limits without ripping the edgings and pop-fasters off after a short while (like mine did).

If you want something for a bigger size pack or pannier bag (25- 55 litres), then a CreativeReflectives cover's just the thing. It's £9.99 + p&p from his eBay shop. He also does small sizes for £6.99 for a 10-25 litre.

I'm a happy customer after getting one last Christmas !

Top Bottom