Rude awakening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Lying in bed last night, after a few glasses of wine and a meal out, I was rudely awakened by a knock at the door. Knock, knock...knock, knock. We live in the middle of nowhere and it is rare to get visitors especially 'at night'. I rolled over and saw from the clock that it was 3.30am, but the knocking kept going. "Oh shoot" I thought "it must be something serious" so I crawled from bed and went to the door. I looked through the glass panel but could not see anyone, but the there was a knock at the letter box which is sited a few inches from the bottom of the door. On opening the door I was met by a large crow, pecking at his reflection in the brass letter box. Noisy bugger :smile:

He's been hanging about all day.....quite a comical chap, sitting on the Wendy House roof, hopping onto the car, running (I never knew crows could run) across the grass. He is currently sitting in a tree looking at me....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ha..ha...not funny for you though.....

montage

God Almighty
Haha...that is great.

Round here there are a pair of Doves that keep paying me a visit. They sit on my windowsill....keep poking their heads round for a few minutes....hop onto the inside of the sill...hop out...in, out, in,out then they get cocky and hope down onto the set of drawers next to my desk - it is this point that I make a noise and shoo them out.

Funnily enough, they only come in far if I am in the room.

yello

We used to have a wendy house...

Nice story, made me smile. My wife gets angry when she hears the magpies in the cherry tree, not because they wake her but because they're eating the cherries! It's the loir that wake us at silly hours.

montage

God Almighty
ilovebikes said:
how would you know how far in they come when your not there? :smile:

If I sit in the doorway or watch them from the garden

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I can lend you a dog that will see to the crow & wont have it bothering you again :wacko: Our little staffie loves birds, or loves to see them off :smile:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Soltydog said:
I can lend you a dog that will see to the crow & wont have it bothering you again :biggrin: Our little staffie loves birds, or loves to see them off :smile:

I have a dog but he slept through it all :wacko: He's a bit old...or a bit sensible!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Crackle said:
I mean even now it is actually dark up there at 3.30am.

No it was daylight. C'mon, you cannot have forgotten how light it gets early in the morning!

Still light now and will be for a good while...and it was light at 3.30am this morning.

Noodley said:
No it was daylight. C'mon, you cannot have forgotten how light it gets early in the morning!

Still light now and will be for a good while...and it was light at 3.30am this morning.

Maybe I have :smile: My memory is dark about 2am but I thought it was still dark at 3.30am. Mind you it was rare I was awake at that time. Quite incredible though the light at this time of the year. Just dusk here now, dark in half an hour.

Top Bottom