Rutland water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Been cycling around Rutland Water fantastic rides great views love the place
I used to go very regularly, done numerous loops and double loops, full or short laps. Summer is a bit too busy with walking visitors to get a uninterrupted lap.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I used to go very regularly, done numerous loops and double loops, full or short laps. Summer is a bit too busy with walking visitors to get a uninterrupted lap.
That's the problem in most places you just have to be patience difficult sometimes 🙂

CXRAndy

Guru
That's the problem in most places you just have to be patience difficult sometimes 🙂

Pre Ebike
One of my best occasions, I took the wife who wanted to walk half way around,. Dropped her off on the North side, went to get fuel and parked at Manton.

I then did a full loop chasing her direction. I caught her just outside Manton. It was midweek, quite cool weather, the place was deserted. I held the full loop KOM(including Lyndon rd climb) for a few months until some young fella stole it from me :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biker man

One of my best occasions, I took the wife who wanted to walk half way around,. Dropped her off on the North side, went to get fuel and parked at Manton.

I then did a full loop chasing her direction. I caught her just outside Manton. It was midweek, quite cool weather, the place was deserted. I held the full loop KOM(including Lyndon rd climb) for a few months until some young fella stole it from me :laugh:
Always someone

CXRAndy

Guru
Sorry about that.:okay:
Was that you? :biggrin:. I cant find my ride on Strava, it was a few years ago. I expect I have dropped down the leaderboard a bit. Not many people do the climb into Hambleton, they take the newish lake path around which is flat.

I found my ride, Im still no1 for 200lb+ riders:wahhey:

3rd out of 9 :laugh: overall

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just don’t ride there on a Sat during park run 😀

Top Bottom