Sad News About Jane Tomlinson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A sad day. Jane Tomlinson was a remarkable, inspirational woman.

- and far more worthy of media attention than the 10-years-since-Diana rubbish in the media this weekend

Sad news.

I lost my dear stepmum to cancer a few years ago, as soon as she was diagnosed we were told it was terminal and would be weeks. Like Jane her attitude was just to get on, she went back to work and lived a normal life as long as she was able to- for almost a full year. She also encouraged us not to be afraid to talk about it and even after diagnosis there were many good times. Both these ladies showed that even after the worst news you can still do something positive with your life.

To devote your remaining time to so many challenges for other people as Jane did shows a love and compassion for other people which is truly remarkable. She was a real inspiration and I salute the courage of her and her family. May she rest in peace and best wishes to her family, who can be very proud.

TVC

I'm surprised how strongly I reacted to news of Jane's death, her effort over the past few years is something I have admired and supported.

My mother and father both spent their last few days in St Gemmas Hospice in Leeds, so I know first hand the incredible professional support and love that would have surrounded Jane and her family. St Gemmas is a good place to leave the world when your time comes.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Absolutely gutted. This lady was everything I'd like to be!

Reading this thread wa sthe first I time I heard this news , Jane Tomlinson was a similar age and from the same town as me.

What an absolutely inspirational lady.

Rest in Peace

Enough for a while I think.

Top Bottom