Sadle bags??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
2 inner tubes? Take one, thats all i take. Was none today(wished i took one though, got a puncture:sad:)
You wont need a big one, i wouldnt bother putting your mobile phone in the saddle bag, i did and forgot to zip it up, one lost phone:sad:
Mine is pretty small, but with the multi tool on the bottom, inner tube, then tyre levers, its all in a small package.
Capacity wise i dunno, but have look in Evans on the 16th August, they have a big sale on so you should be able to pick up a bargin.
I have the medium sized Ortleab(spelling right?) saddle bag, the hard case one. Does me and has abit of spare room.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

so do u put ur mobile in ur jersey??

if wiggle was working i could show you the one i was thinking of getting, but it hasnt been working for me for ages :-0

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Young Un, if your saddle has the Fi'zi:k/Selle Italia ICS clip doodah, the ICS bags (made by fi'zi:k) are good. Mine has a lifu two part multi-tool, spoke key, 3 tyre levers, chain tool, and 2 rolls of electrical tape in it.

Like Joe, I wouldn't carry a phone in there - mine goes in a pocket, or in the Topeak tri-bag on the top tube.

Or you could go crazy and get a Carradice - wouldn't need to worry about having enough room then...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, phone and keys in my jersey pocket. Make sure you put your phone in a plastic bag so when you get it out it isnt sweaty so you dont drop it.(especially when riding, not that you should have it out ofcourse ;))
Keys are better when they are in your jersey pocket, easier to get to.
So then at a cafe stop, you can quickly get off the bike, not have to get anything off the bike and get in quick, being at the front of the que:biggrin:

djb1971

Legendary Member
I always keep a continetal seat pack under the saddle. I have a medium specialized seatpack that holds 1 tube, tool keys and phone but for more kit the altura trail pack holds 2 tubes, phone, keys, tool, 2 energy bars, money and even a small lock when expanded. Highly recommended ;)

people who keep pumps, keys, phones in their jersey pockets may have a nasty shock one day if they ever fall off. Trust me I've been there and keys especially cause lots of damage needing plenty of stitches :biggrin:
DON'T keep these objects in your rear pockets. The only thing I stick in them are energy bars and a jacket/gilet. You may thank me for this one day :wacko:

Blonde

I have a small under-saddle Brooks 'D' bag. I like the way it looks more than the wedge saddle pack it replaced, but something that kind of size is all you need for a few items. You only need a proper 'saddlebag' if you are carrying a fair amount of clothing and food. Even a sandwhich and a waterproof jacket or gilet will go in your jersey pocket if needed - particularly if you put the other things (inner tubes etc) in a small wedge saddle pack.

Top Bottom