Saturday the 8th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyboy

Anybody out this coming Saturday , delamere or Moel Famou , basically Cheshire or north Wales , MTB style

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

No offers for the Cheshire ride , I will now do the Sandhills and beach from Liverpool to southport tomorrow , nice sunny day no helmet needed .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that the problem is that you posted a date as the thread title rather than details of the ride. A lot of people probably didn't even bother clicking on the link to find out what it was about.

Something like 'MTB ride on Sat 8th April? (Delamere or Moel Famou)' would surely have interested somebody?

Anyway - enjoy your ride!

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

IMG_0669.JPG
Good ride yesterday

No offers for the Cheshire ride , I will now do the Sandhills and beach from Liverpool to southport tomorrow , nice sunny day no helmet needed .
Can you get right along the beach, I'm thinking of the Altcar bit. I've looked at routes to Southport off road before but couldn't see anything without going inland but I don't have local knowledge. I also don't have a fat bike, just a 29er but I can hire one locally.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

From Crosby beach , u have to stay on the laid path which runs level with the beach towards southport , you come to a street , carry straight on until u get to the rail way station , a path then takes you to formby , various off cuts to the beach once you have gone over the river . I will try to post a section of my ride to help you out

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

And yes from Formby it's all beach or sand hills to southport , it's well worth the ride , and to be honest you could prop do it on a standard bike if you kept out the hills , as the beach is rock solid .

And yes from Formby it's all beach or sand hills to southport , it's well worth the ride , and to be honest you could prop do it on a standard bike if you kept out the hills , as the beach is rock solid .
Right, I've got it now. I hadn't clocked the existence of that path next to the railway from Hightown.

Top Bottom