Saw some really, REALLY bad driving today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I was on a bus this morning that nearly crashed ....we were turning right, and there was oncoming traffic that he'd failed to see. So after an emergency stop inches from a lady in a peugot she'd tried to drive on but the bus driver was having none of it... :smile:

Then this afternoon coming home (I've been off the bike this week and trying walking instead) my bus was at a stop dealing with customers. There was a mini rab ahead with a traffic island and parked car inbetween that and us. A driver in a people carrier came flying through the rab on two wheels, missed the turn properly and nearly went into the back of the parked car bouncing onto the pavement to avoid crashing.

I did try to get the plates but it was raining and I couldnt read them through the window. It was rather lucky as its right near a school and is a well used pavement. I hope that on both the above that the CCTV was triggered, and I suspect it was in the first.

Then later I was on another bus (First split the routes into several parts so you have to take up to 3 to get home at times) we were pulling away from the lights and I looked back and saw a cycling City Patrol officer trying to undertake the bus. :biggrin: His colleage called him back I think, as he just stopped dead.

I know these aint really cycling related but they were commuting :ohmy::biggrin:

I think sometimes it's something to do with a full moon.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
mr_cellophane said:
For someone who was "trying walking", you certainly took a lot of buses. :sad:

Well I have walked atleast 3 miles a day for 5 days. Its 5 miles from work to home and I did that 3 days. Did it yesterday and went a bit "funny", got a migrane and nearly passed out twice yesterday. :biggrin: Kind of figured I did too much, what with how physical my job it. :sad:

And yeah.. full moon and rain dont mix well. :wacko: wet werewolves, the lot of them

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Walking...heck......

TBH I do some mixed mode stuff getting into central MCR as it is.......bike if dry..i.e no drying space for wet kit.... so I do bus...... and walk.......

Top Bottom